We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
We asked the members of the BuzzFeed Community their solutions to aching back pain, and here are some of their ~relieving~ results.
Caveat: This is not medical advice! If you have existing back pain or problems, consult your doctor for advice as some of these products may not be recommended if you have an existing problem.
1. Some people swear by electrotherapy devices, which are placed on the skin and deliver a low voltage electrical current. They haven’t been proven to help back pain, but might be worth trying if your doctor recommends one.
2. And a cuddly heated blanket that'll send take electrotherapy device to the next level. It will feel like a spa day for your back!
3. A pack of IcyHot patches with cooling menthol to soothe your back when you still have shit to do and are constantly on the run.
4. A membership to yoga lessons so you can stretch those sore muscles and finally get those kinks out while you're in downward facing dog.
5. Lavender epsom salt and castor oil to create a relaxing bath so you can soak and ease your tight muscles.
6. A handy knee pillow that'll help align your spine and increase circulation!
7. A bottle of magnesium oil to keep your already-aching back from cramping. It'll sink into your skin to ease sore muscles. Other people use magnesium oil for back pain, although it hasn’t been proven to really help. But it’s worth trying if your doctor okays it.
8. A foam roller so you can start self-massaging your back. It has dual pressure zones to finally get the kink in your back that's been there for decades.
9. A car seat heater so your lower back can still be loose and limber while you're commuting to work and attempting not to break into a fit of road rage.
10. Some people swear by moisture-wicking sports tape that'll reduce tissue pressure and provide support without ever reducing your mobility!
11. A tube of Biofreeze to massage on and penetrate sore muscles and joints, quickly numbing your pain until you can go home and give yourself some TLC.
12. A pack of Salonpas Patches for a cooling sensation that'll help you be productive during the day without pain!
13. A combination of Advil and a heating pad that'll target areas that are certainly hard to reach but need to be handled ASAP.
14. A yoga swing so you can build flexibility and core strength, which will assist in your fight against those aches.
15. A sturdy tennis ball to roll between your back and a wall (any wall) for a DIY massage!
16. A massage cane to rub your trigger points out, so you can stimulate blood flow for added muscle relief.
17. A tin of strong-ass Tiger Balm you can massage into your lower back. It'll trigger penetrating heat your back muscles will honestly thank you for.
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.