1. Unpack! Turn your hotel into your bedroom.
2. Untuck those hotel sheets.
3. Two words: JetLag Genie.
Feeling crummy when you're out of town can be avoided with a little jet lag prevention. JetLag Genie is an app that, based on some travel info you give it, will condition you to adapt to a new time zone through a series of strategically placed alarms. Feeling fresh in your new spot is the first step to beating the travel blues.
4. Make sure you've got a comfort book (or two) on your eReader.
5. For the love of all that is holy, do not forget your comfy pants.
6. If you can, set aside a night to be lazy.
7. Bring a few dryer sheets, and keep them in your hotel room.
8. Use WhatsApp to stay in touch.
WhatsApp is a mobile messaging app available for all smart phones — it uses your data plan to text, which means there's no need to pay for SMS. So if you're on an international trip, don't fret! Staying in contact with loved ones is a snap.