1. The zebra crosswalk outside the Russian embassy in Stockholm has been painted rainbow colors.
2. The embassy was the site of a demonstration two weeks ago during Stockholm’s Pride festival to protest Russia for its legislation that criminalizes “propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations.”
3. Around 200 protesters were outside the embassy for the demonstration, which was held August 1.
4. Law enforcement was called to the protests after several topless woman hopped the fence. One woman held a sign reading “homosexual propaganda on Russian ground.”
5. The women were released after confessing to trespassing.
- Athletes probably won't break records at the Rio Olympics. Scientists say most top performers have reached the limits of human biology.
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.