1. A group of demonstrators gathered near Moscow’s city hall Saturday to rally for gay rights.
2. Police said more than 30 were arrested because the rally was unsanctioned.
3. Gay rallies and parades are frequently banned in Russia.
4. The Kremlin is currently considering a bill that would ban the “propaganda of homosexuality.”
5. Police said opponents of the gay rally were also among the arrested.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀