1. A protestor ran onto the court during the French Open Sunday.
3. He was wearing a mask, holding a flare and had the words “kids right” written on his stomach in English.
4. According to Getty/AFP, the man was an anti-gay protestor.
8. The protestor ran on as Spain’s Rafael Nadal played against David Ferrer in the final.
9. Security was able to remove the man.
10. There were also other anti-gay protestors in the stands.
11. They held a sign that read “France tramples on children’s rights” in English
12. A security officer puts out a fire after the protestor ran out onto the court.
13. Additional demonstrators also held a sign calling for the resignation of French President Francois Hollande.
Security guy tells me that this was a protestor, was saying “France doesn’t respect child rights.” (Lost in translation factor: high)
15. Here’s video of the incident.
- Republican members of Congress face angry town halls flooded with voters opposing Obamacare repeal and other parts of the Trump agenda.
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos defended the Trump administration rescinding transgender protections, despite reports she opposed the effort.
- Indiana police released chilling audio in the case two teens found dead in the woods — a voice captured on one of their phones saying "down the hill."
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.