4 Ways To Preserve Your Summer Veggies
Watch the full video here:
1 cup water
½ cup vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon peppercorn, whole
1 teaspoon caraway seeds, dried
1 teaspoon mustard seeds, dried
1. Sanitize the jars and lids in boiling water for 10 minutes.
2. In a small pot, combine pickling ingredients and bring to a boil for a couple minutes.
3. Stuff as many cucumbers (or any other vegetables) into the jars and pour the pickling brine over the cucumbers until they are submerged.
4. Place the lid on tightly and refrigerate up to 2 months.
1. Slice apples very thin.
2. Cut out the core (or leave it in if you like) and place each apple slice on a flat plate. Make sure none of the apples are touching one another.
3. Microwave for approximately 10 minutes. Flip halfway.
4. Carefully remove from the microwave and let it cool down before enjoying!
1. Sanitize mason jars and lids in boiling water for 10 minutes.
2. Cut an X on the tip of the tomato and blanch it in boiling water.
3. Quickly transfer tomatoes into a ice bath. The skin will easily peel off. Make sure to remove all the skin.
4. In the jar add lemon juice (2 tablespoon for every quart jar).
5. Add peeled tomatoes then pour boiling water over the tomatoes leaving 2 inches of space from the top.
6. Place the lid on tightly and place it back into the boiling pot of water. Cover and boil for 45 minutes. Then turn the heat off and let it sit for 5 minutes before taking them out.
7. Enjoy with in the year for best quality.
Frozen Herb Cubes
Olive oil, or any oil
1. Chop up herbs and place it into the ice tray.
2. Pour olive oil over the herbs and freeze.
3. Have fresh herbs ready for any occasion.