12 Actual Animals To Look At Until The Pokémon Go Servers Come Back Online
Gotta catch 'em all! (Please don't attempt to catch any of these animals.)
Oh, "Pokémon Go's" servers are down? Big surprise there. Guess we'll need to find something else to hold us over until they're back up?
Well, if we can't catch digital Pokémon, at least we can look at some real life examples of animals that are essentially Pokémon themselves...
1. Here we have a dark-type Pokémon:
These are called Caracals. The ears are definitely something you'd see on a dark-type Pokémon, right?
National №: #722
I'm definitely catching this one...
2. Apparently one of these critters was used as inspiration for an actual Pokémon.
Apparently the Pokémon "Fennekin" was modeled after the fennec fox itself. (You'll recognize Fennekin as one of the three starter Pokemon from "Pokemon X/Y".)
Not sure what they're like in real life, but it must be a crime to be this cute.
National №: #723
I'll bet it's super-elegant when it's grown...
3. [A WILD SHOEBILL APPEARED!]
National №: #724
This is the shoebill, a bird that's a common sight in many a zoos. Can't you just hear that Kanto region music pop into your head when you look at it?
4. Better suited for a Pokémon Contest rather than a gym battle, don't you think?
National №: #725
This little guy is so cute, you'd hate to see him battle, wouldn't you? Better to have him stick to the beauty contests instead.
5. These look like the type of Pokémon you'd find in a cave.
National №: #726
These are extremely common, but very weak. (Well, at least they would be if they were Pokémon.)
6. Now here's a rabbit that can fly.
Name: Angora Rabbit
National №: #727
This fluffy little critter can fly, and there is absolutely no way you can convince me otherwise.
7. Look at these undersea beauties...
Name: Sea Slug
National №: #728
There are a ton of sea slug varieties, and a lot of them seem like they'd fit the fairy-type mold.
8. Except this one. This one is definitely a legendary Pokémon.
Name: Sea Slug
National №: #729
It's probably pretty small (it's a sea slug, after all), but just looking at it, doesn't it remind you of Lugia or Kyogre? Make this a legendary Pokémon, Nintendo!
9. And here's a legendary you might find in a forrest region...
National №: #730
It looks like the type of Pokémon that would revitalize nature wherever it stepped.
10. Why does this guy look so dignified?
Name: Philippine Eagle
National №: #731
Now here's an eagle that practically screams, "I am legendary!"
11. Move over Poochyena, there's a new fanged Pokémon in town.
Name: Musk Deer
National №: #732
You could expect to find a lot of these guys roaming around the Safari Zone. (But only at night, of course.)
12. "But it was so cute before it evolved..."
Name: Leopard Seal
National №: #733
Granted, it cuts a pretty imposing figure at this point, but you know he was a cute little seal-like Pokémon for his first couple evolutions.
When he evolves, he gets a lot stronger, but a lot less lovable.