Take On The Last Days Of The Olympics With These Brazilian Yucca Tots
You say potato, I say yucca!
1 pound of cassava
1 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons of wheat flour
2 tablespoons of salt
1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
1. Cook the cassava until the pieces are able to be pierced with a fork.
(Be careful not to cook them too long, because if you do, you won't be able to easily grate them.)
2. Place them in water to stop them from cooking any further, and dry them with a napkin.
3. Grate the cassava with the finest grater you have available.
4. Mix the grated cassava with the parmesan and wheat flour, and season it with salt and pepper.
5. Knead with hands, until it forms a dough suitable for making the puffs.
6. Fill the puffs with a cube of mozzarella and fry in hot oil.