We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A slip skirt to remind you of that *one* time you had the idea to skip through a field of daisies but then soon found out bugs live in fields....so this floral skirt will just have to fill that urge instead.
Promising review: "I love this skirt! It looks great paired with a graphic tee or just a simple tank top. It can be dressed up with heels, dressed down with flip-flops or, to give it an edge, it looks great with Doc Martens. I love its versatility as it can be worn in the summer, or going into fall paired with a jean jacket. This skirt is a must-have staple to add to one's closet." —Veerider
Get it from Madewell for $98 (available in sizes 00–16).
4. A fabulous midi skirt that's available in an unreal amount of colors so when you inevitably fall in love with it you can buy it five more times.
5. A romantic cottagecore number that, while it looks fancy and mesmerizing, is actually super lightweight and comfortable for a variety of seasons.
7. A circle skirt with attached suspenders that'll add a little *somethin', somethin'* to your typical (and predictable) skirt-and-a-basic-tee uniform.
8. An off-the-shoulder dress you can use to show off your sun-kissed shoulders and a lil' leg. If you've got it, flaunt it!
Beginning Boutique is a woman-founded business based in Brisbane, Australia.
Promising review: "The cutest little puffy dress with puffy sleeves. So comfy and pretty. Received compliments all night. I love it. Thank you so much." —Alexndra M.
Get it from Beginning Boutique for $49.99 (originally $69.99; available in sizes 2–10).
9. A denim mini dress that'll look amazing alongside the many chunky boots you bought on sale at the end of winter last year — you can totally pair it with stockings when it gets chilly again!
Promising review: "This is a darling dress! Its length is perfect for me at 5' and the sleeves are above my wrists. An excellent dress for New England spring! The material is thick denim. I will wear it with leggings now and sandals later. Highly recommend!" —mintandparsley
Get it from Free People for $128 (available in sizes XS–L and five colors).
12. A vest dress that'll convince anyone who glances your way that you are, in fact, cooler than cool. Add sunnies and an oversized hat to complete the *chill* vibe.
13. A breathtaking dress you can easily wear to a bridal shower, a date, brunch with your friends, dinner, wherever! It's absolutely stunning.
Christy Dawn is a small business that makes sustainable fashion with deadstock — their clothing is absolutely gorgeous and, IMO, worth every penny just from the looks of it! They site even offers a breakdown as to why each dress costs what it does, so you'll really know where your money is going.
Get it from Christy Dawn for $398 (originally $498; available in sizes XS–XL and six styles).
15. A floral midi dress that'll help you achieve a look that says Bridgerton but on Casual Friday. It's stunning and would be a lovely addition to your wardrobe.
Promising review: "This dress is STUNNING. It's the kind of effortless glamour I've needed in my life and I can't wait to wear it everywhere all summer. The material is soft, the sleeves are adorable, the floral pattern is lovely and it's just all around wonderful." —Madjacks16
Get it from Madewell for $128 (available in sizes 2XS–2X)
16. A curve-hugging high-neck dress for when you want to channel your inner Kardashian and embrace an autumn color palette.
Kloset Envy is a Black woman-owned small business based out of Los Angeles, California that sells fabulous fashions.
Get it from Kloset Envy for $58 (available in sizes XS–L).
17. A high-waisted pleated skirt you'll want to twirl around in like Beyoncé on her haters...to generate a breeze because, let's face it, it's hotter than hell.
Promising review: "Bought this for a trip to Italy and was AMAZED at the high quality. I’m a curvy girl and would normally get an XL, but after reading reviews about [the] stretchy waistband, [I] opted for the L, and it was a perfect fit. It hangs beautifully and is very flattering. Highly recommend." —Dr. Shannelle
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in sizes S–2XL and 35 colors).
19. A black denim skirt you can pair with your favorite band tee for an edgy look one day then mix with darling stockings and a cardi the next. We loooove a versatile piece!
I have a very similar skirt from Madewell and have gotten so much use out of it over the years! It's forgiving in the waist, matches so many things I already own, and is a basic I never knew I needed.
Get it from Madewell for $69.50 (available in sizes 23–30)
20. A midi skirt that'll help you flawlessly transform into a modern day Disney Princess without breaking the bank. Honestly you *do* deserve much more than this provincial life and this skirt knows it.
Promising review: "I absolutely adore this skirt. This is the fifth one I’ve ordered. I regularly get compliments on it and occasionally make others jealous when I twirl and I show them it has POCKETS too! It’s work-appropriate, as it hangs to my knees, and can also be worn in social settings. The material is sturdy, the color is vibrant and doesn’t fade, and it’s never bled onto any of my clothes." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes XS–2XL and nine colors).
Check out our deep dive on this skirt for more styling ideas.
22. A baby doll dress with a darling plaid print that'll make you want to plan the cutest picnic day anyone ever did see complete with a charcuterie board, wine, and this perfect outfit.
Tuesday of California is a small business that incorporates deadstock and sustainable fabric into their clothing — amazing.
Promising review: "I want to wear this dress every day! It’s very light and gauzy but still drapes beautifully and maintains its shape. I have a larger bust and don’t feel restricted at all up top." —Maia
Get it from Tuesday of California for $160 (available in sizes 2XS–XL, 1X–2X, 7X, and five colors).
23. A pleated and tiered off-the-shoulder dress you can twirl your heart out to while giving your all to the middle of the dance floor at a wedding. I'd say all eyes will be on you but we wouldn't *dare* want to steal a moment of the happy couple's day 😉.
Promising review: "OMG! Awesome!!!!! It drapes beautifully. I plan to wear it on my shoulders, and the elastic seems strong enough to hold. I bought the white and it’s light and airy — not see though at all. I'm so thrilled. I will buy it in black ASAP!" —LB
Get it from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and 18 colors).
24. A loose-fitting maxi dress so versatile, you'll easily be able to rock it at brunch or at the beach.
Promising review: "Love this dress. I have a few different colors. They can be worn casually, or dressed up with accessories. The material is soft and silky. Washes nice, I wash mine in the machine on cold and hang to dry, they still look new after several washes. This dress is definitely made for taller women, I'm 5'8" and I tie the front in a knot, the back still slightly touches the ground...but I like it that way." —Michelle Castillo
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes S–2XL and 42 styles).
26. A black halter dress you better believe will leave your date's jaw hanging out on the floor when they see you enter the room — it's absolutely FIRE.
Kin by Kristine is a Black woman-owned small business based in Los Angeles that sells fabulous fashions.
Get it from Kin by Kristine for $80.95 (available in sizes 14–26).