38 Products For The Most Extra Pet Owner
Please note that "extra" is never a bad thing when it comes to your pets.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A piñata toy that'll keep your Chatty Kathy parrot quiet for a bit (imagine that???) while also satisfying their natural need to chew.
Promising review: "Parrots need to have things to destroy to keep them happy. They are not simply contented with plastic, nondestructible toys; they need to shred and chew things. Some wood toys will suit their need to chew things up — but other toys, like this one, fulfill their needs to destroy and shred things. I've had these before and my bird loves to tear them apart. It keeps him busy and content for hours and quieter. If you're new to parrot keeping don't buy toys on the basis of longevity alone, but things that they can destroy to fulfill their need for more active chewing activities. I like the piñata because not only does it fulfill the shredding need but it also lasts a lot longer than other shreddable toys. Sometimes it may take a few days for them to get into them, but they provide good activity and are longer lasting." —Tomsde
Get it from Amazon for $6.75+ (available in four sizes).
3. A Starbarks plush toy that'll let your pup pretend they're as basic as you. Pupkin Spice Latte, anyone?
Promising review: "I got this toy 10 months ago for my dog and it is still going strong! She normally rips all her stuffed animals apart within an hour, but this toy has lasted her longer than any toy I've gotten for her. It looks adorable, she loves to cuddle it and play with the squeaker. So happy it's lasted so long!" —Sydney McGagin
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in XS–XL and 16 styles).
4. An automatic laser toy you can count on to buy you a few moments of peace while your kitten playfully tries to capture the randomly moving light.
Promising review: "The cats have started asking me to turn this thing on. Several times a day. They meow at me if I don't comply. The other day they tipped it over and the laser was sweeping across the ceiling. The orange cat was attempting parkour to try to get the ceiling red dot thingie. The other cat makes cooing noises as he chases the dot around the living room. He has never made cooing noises before. This has given them hours upon hours of entertainment and exercise...so I am quite pleased with the purchase." —Andrea Huckaba Rome
Get it from Amazon for $18.95.
5. Catnip disguised as a baguette, because why should you be the only one enjoying delicious carbs?
MiniTigerDesign is a small business based out of Canada that sells handmade cat toys, gifts, and treats.
Promising review: "I bought this for the image of my cat carrying a baguette in his mouth. I ordered it in the past and had to reorder cause they wore it down so much! But be careful, the cats go crazy for these sticks! Had to hide them when I went to sleep to make sure they wouldn’t annihilate it in the night LOL. It’s one of their favorites. Would buy again, did buy again, they’re amazing, 10/10." —Kaylene Calligaro
6. A dog raincoat (or pygmy goat coat???) to protect their fur on wet walks and absolutely delight anyone who sees 'em wearing it.
Promising review: "Love these raincoats. Ordered three altogether. They are tough, cute, and keep my dogs dry. I have purchased other flimsy raincoats that did not keep my dogs dry. I am extremely pleased with these. The little hoods are cute, too. The purpose of the raincoats are so that I only have to dry off their feet when they return from their walk. These sturdy little coats are great. And my furry kids seem to like them and and they stay in place without slipping and sliding. Fantastic price for great product. Awesome! :-)" —Barbara N.
Get it from Amazon for $11.99+ (available in sizes XS–2XL).
7. A two-tier window perch that'll be waaaay easier to install than that desk you bought yourself (and took three days to build). It'll look super chic hanging in your window and even better than a clunky cat tower would look in the middle of the room.
Promising review: "My cat absolutely loves this! He hasn’t left it all morning and basically slept all day in it. He’s 18 lbs and it has surprisingly held up. The suction cup at the top has a locking mechanism that makes it extra secure." —Chewy Reviewer
Get it from Chewy for $36.01 (originally $60.99).
8. A pint of maple bacon ice cream made specifically for pups (make a note of that for your family, plz) and will definitely be a much-appreciated treat after a not-so-fun vet visit.
Promising review: "My dog can be picky, so I was unsure about this, but she loved it! I bought it for her birthday, and she licked it up without hesitation. She particularly liked it when it was half melted. Didn't cause her any tummy troubles either. I would definitely try this in other flavors." —Courtney Gantt
Get it from Amazon for $8.99 (available in four flavors).
9. A gorgeous dog basket made from elephant grass and with traditional Ghanaian techniques that'll be a more of an accent piece in your home than just your pup's hangout spot.
Design Dua is an HGTV award-winning small business handcrafting baskets, basinets, bags, and so much more!
Promising review: "This is a beautiful bed of fantastic quality. My dog jumped right in without even having to be coaxed. The mattress part is super fluffy and comfy, and the cover is removable for easy washing." —Audrey
10. A bubble backpack so you can *finally* take your kitty with you wherever you go — and in style!
Promising review: "I bought this for my kittens with a gift card and it definitely exceeds my expectations. It is roomy, sturdy, and adorable. There was no smell and it’s large enough that I could fit three kittens in it if needed." —Lisa Warner
Get it from Amazon for $54.99+ (available in sizes M–L and three colors).
11. A gingham pet collar that'll rival Dorothy's iconic look and ensure your pup is always photo ready.
Harry Barker is a small business that has been selling pet products since 1997!
Promising review: "We are on the second collar for my dog of this exact style in red. She's a crazy pup who took her collar through mud over and over. After a year we had to finally retire it and get a new one, but couldn't part with the design. We love this brand and collar!" —Alison B.
Get it from Harry Barker for $24 (available in sizes S–L and four colors).
12. A picture frame to put your precious pet and their adorable lil' paw on display in your home for all to admire.
Why don't I already own this? The frame comes with everything you need to create a lasting memory of your favorite creature's paw print. The impression is made out of clay (100% safe for pets) that air-dries, so you won't have to worry about making a mess. The frame itself is made with solid wood and holds a 4x6 photo.
Promising review: "This kit is great for the money and I like the design. The material for the print is quite easy to work with and since my dog is small, I am able to make his front and hind paw and still have enough material to make a small print from my cat. The instructions said to wet your pet’s paw before pressing into the material but I find that it makes the material mushier. I got a cleaner impression from my cat if I don’t wet her paw. I changed the background backing color using leftover mat board. The material when dried, however, is foam like but can be trimmed with a sharp knife." —rockpainter
Get it from Amazon for $17.70 (available in five styles).
13. A stylish pet sofa you won't be able to prevent yourself from taking 900 photos of your pet lounging on — it's so darn fabulous!
Promising review: "This couch is adorable and very classy looking which is exactly what I wanted. My dog has several floor type dog beds which she loves and will sleep in provided I am not occupying her favorite recliner. I always feel bad kicking her off when I want to sit down because she likes to sleep up on something so I thought this raised bed would be a good compromise and it is. I have it right next to my recliner and she loves hopping up on it and sleeping right next to me when I watch TV. Since the beds sleeping area was larger than the seat of my recliner I knew she was going to fit even though she is a little larger than 30 lbs." —T. Hayes
Get it from Amazon for $149.99.
14. A cozy cave bed your pup can hide out in whenever they need a break from being smothered with love — it comes in an array of subtle colors that'll coordinate nicely with your decor.
Promising review: "My 4-lb dog absolutely loves this thing. It’s cozy and I think also really helps with his anxiety (because it’s like a little cave). The pillow that comes with it is very soft, but it holds onto wood chips/leaves/outdoor debris really well so make sure your pet isn’t tracking anything into it after walks and potty breaks." —Katy C.
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in two sizes and five colors).
15. A birthday celebration set complete with three wearable accessories, a cake topper, and a birthday banner that'll help you throw your pup the party they've always deserved.
Promising review: "This was the cutest little set! It was my 5-pound Chihuahua’s 11th birthday this weekend and this site was just perfect. We did a cute little photo shoot with her and I attached just a few of the many great pictures we got with this adorable little set. Definitely recommend. 🎀💕" —Renee Kerr
Get it from Amazon for $11.49 (available in two colors).
16. Personalized stickers featuring your pet's face to wallpaper your life with. Water bottles, laptops, random street signs — no surface is safe.
Promising review: "Could you ask for a more perfect gift for the dog lover in your life? I bought a pack of these stickers with my dog's face on them for Fathers Day. When my dad opened his present, he burst out laughing and didn't stop for a good 30 seconds. He was overjoyed to see his beloved little Winston (Norwich Terrier) on a sticker. The quality is very good — the sticker is quite strong and does not peel at edges. It comes with four sizes and none of the stickers were grainy with the picture. It looked exactly like the picture I uploaded and I wouldn't ask for more from his product. I am very pleased and highly recommend that you buy this for the dog lover in your life, or for yourself!" —Kate Miller
Get them from Amazon for $15.99.
17. A sentimental charm to add to Fluffy or Fido's collar including the moon phase from a special date (their birthday or the day you adopted them, perhaps?). It'll be a dazzling and sweet addition to their daily accessories.
I have a beaded bracelet from Moonglow and it's one of the coolest pieces of jewelry I own! When ordering from the site, you'll note the date and time of a meaningful moment and watch as the *exact* moon phase from that night is generated onto a charm. It's really amazing and so special. You can also have the back of the charm engraved — I got my wedding date in Roman numerals, as an example.
Get it from Moonglow for $45.
18. Natural Purina biscuit treats your beloved doggo will gobble up faster than you can say "siiiiiit."
I got these recently for my sister's dog and he LOVES them. She FaceTimed me while letting him try one for the first time and he was jumping around and basically inhaled the treat. I mean, sounds like he thinks they're delicious to me!
Get a one pound bag from Amazon for $23.94 (available in two flavors).
19. A macrame cat hammock that'll likely be mistaken for a piece of purposeful, bohemian decor when your beloved furry friend isn't lounging in it.
Macrame Beautiful is a small business based in Beijing that sells stunning macrame pieces like planters, wall decors, and baskets.
Promising review: "This is my second purchase and I will continue to buy!! The craftsmanship is so beautiful. It is evident she enjoys what she does. Every item is packed with care and in adorable resealable pouches. Sweet stickers with handwritten notes and beautifully printed 'how to care for and clean the items.' My kittens love their hammock!" —Annie Zummo
20. A highly-rated cat scratcher/lounger with over 13,000 5-star reviews so your kitty can live the lavish life they deserve.
Promising review: "Kitty loves it! Never had a cat before, brought in a 10+ year old stray from my old apartment who I found out is FIV and Feline Leukemia positive but he is the sweetest cat ever and I fell in love with him so wanted to spoil him and bought him this. He loves it even more than I could have hoped. Spends several hours a day sleeping or just perched on it and hits it with his claws every time he jumps on. So adorable. Have had it for a couple months and it's held up really well. Cool that when the top is worn out I can just flip it over and it's like having a brand-new scratcher again. He's a pretty big/long cat so I was unsure how well he'd fit on it but it's absolutely perfect. Will definitely be buying another if this one ever wears out!" —Super Bon Bon
Get it from Amazon for $49.95 (available in three styles).
21. A hat embroidered with your pet on it, so the whole world can appreciate what a stylish pet parent you are.
How special is this!? I have other hats from this shop and have never been disappointed — the embroidery is done so carefully and beautifully. You'll need to send the shop owner a photo of your pet, then she'll hand draw it (amazing) and embroider it onto the hat. I can't think of a better way to pay tribute to your furry friend. 999Spyglass is a woman-owned small business that primarily sells Disney-inspired apparel.
22. A raised cat food bowl that'll prevent backflow and make them feel like they're dining at a five-paw establishment instead of your kitchen floor.
Promising review: "I love these bowls! They're so adorable! I know a few reviewers think the food bowls are too small, which I initially thought as well, but it offers the perfect serving size. One of my kitties is quite a sloppy eater and the height helps him eat over the bowl. He's still a mess, but less so." —BettyBean
Get it from Amazon for $11.99+ (available in six styles).
23. A La-Z-Boy orthopedic sofa dog bed in a charming plaid print that'll have your pup feeling extra pampered while also providing them with some much-needed support from its ComfortCore Gel base. If only I could get one in a human size...
Promising review: "My two labs love this bed! It has a nice bolster for their heads, it's very comfortable and I would highly recommend! It's almost like a mini couch, sturdy but cozy! I now have three of these beds, one in each room. Our cat now cuddles up in them right along with the dogs! It's very good for my older lab who has some joint issues, yet if your dog is very large, you may want a larger ortho bed. This is super! Three cheers for Chewy!" —Peachy
Get it from Chewy for $129.95+ (available in two styles).
25. A custom stuffed animal of your pet that'll surely become their (or your) new favorite toy.
How AMAZING is this product? Petsies does an impeccable job creating a mini stuffed animal version of your pet. Perfect for someone who is separated from their fave buddy or for a pet that would simply enjoy having a toy that looks just like them, this company can create literally any pet you want (cat, dog, guinea pig, whatever)! All you have to do is take a few photos of your furry friend (as if you don't already have 1,000 on your phone), submit 'em, and wait for their doppelganger to arrive at your doorstep.
Get it from Petsies for $199 (originally $249).
26. Socks with your pet's face ALL over them so you can secretly keep their paw-fect smile with you under your knee-high boots or wear 'em with sneakers and SHOW YOUR PET OFF TO THE WORLD!
Promising review: "Love these!! I was so surprised with how good these turned out. So simple to upload the photo. It took approximately a week for item to ship to my door, which was accurate to seller's time. I purchased two more for other family members — everyone was super excited and happy to receive." —EB
Get them from Amazon for $15.59 (available in 34 styles).
27. A hidden litter box for any cat owner who has simply decided they no longer want a stinky, unsightly, poop-filled sandbox in the middle of their home — this one will get the job done and look way cuter.
Promising review: "Then I found this fantastic solution, someone made a litter box look like a potted palm fern! YOU GENIUS! This arrived in two halves that you have to look at carefully to slide together, the top rim fits into the slot around the bottom half. Then you put a thin foam piece down first on the top and then stick the palm into the top, it's one piece and you adjust the fronds. And the final bit is a baggie of shredded raffia for a nice grass mulch look. The cat loves it. It's big enough for my Maine Coon. And I face the entrance away from me, so all I see when I'm in the bathroom now is a potted plant. It's the best litter box on the planet!" —THX1138
Get it from Amazon for $64.14 (available in two colors).
28. A self-grooming cat toy that'll help you check off multiple things on your to-do list. Entertain Fluffy? Check. Brush out their fur? Check, check.
Promising review: "I got this for my three-legged cat because he can't scratch his left side. He'll be trying to scratch and all you see is his little nub going crazy. I found these and he immediately LOVED it! The expression on his face when he first tried it was priceless. The only downside is that it's possible it'll fall off because it was hard for me to get all pieces of tape to stick on a corner at the same time, but I can always buy more double sided tape so not a big deal to me. The product is for Floyd, not me, and he's happy so 5 stars." —Pippa Runs
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
29. A pet hammock so your pal can lounge in style on long road trips and your car seats might get a little less covered in hair.
Promising review: "Construction is sturdy and able to hold up under a lot of wear and tear. The zippers allow a 'kennel'-type setup and it has Velcro openings for seat belt access. The zippers can withstand a lot of pressure — my dog is an 86-lb golden retriever and the weight stress on the zipper and straps for the seats didn't cause any tearing or damage even though they often supported his pure weight. I put the doorway mats on the bottom to give additional traction." —Candace Owens
Get it from Amazon for $35.96+ (available in two sizes and six colors).
30. A triangle-shaped pine wood dog bed with a modern aesthetic you'll probably like more than most of the furniture you already own.
WLO Wood is a small business that makes unique, wooden beds and homes for your deserving furry friend. They also use profits to donate beds to dog rescues!
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE this tent dog bed! I’ve been looking for a unique dog bed that goes with the aesthetic of our home for a while now, so I’m very happy to have found it!" —javacurls
31. A lavish chaise lounge, because we both know your pet is the queen of the castle and might as well be treated as such.
32. A too cute wooden bed you can set up alongside your own to make every night feel like a slumber party. Fingers crossed this convinces your doggo to stop climbing into your bed and hogging all the space.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this frame! It's cute to begin with, but I was concerned it wasn't going to be all that solid. To my surprise, the wood is very sturdy and the easiest thing in the world to put together within minutes. Tools are not needed. You simply slip together with tabs. Our senior, medium-sized dog absolutely loves it. Our two other dogs and cat keep stealing it throughout the day. Our 90-lb German shepherd loves it so much, we finally had to get him one, too." —Banshee99
Get it from Amazon for $45.14.
33. An Aladdin-inspired hide-and-seek toy featuring the genie and his magic lamp, because who said the magic of Disney was just for humans???
34. A chic puffer vest, because cooler weather is approaching and it's an absolute must that your pup keeps up with the latest fall fashions.
35. An avocado-shaped toy designed to keep your cat's teeth in tip top shape but'll make you smile since now your pet can seemingly join you for Sunday brunch.
Promising review: "This is my kitten Juniper's FAVORITE toy! She randomly started to play fetch and this is the only toy she plays fetch with. She's always carrying it around in her mouth. She's randomly woken me up by dropping this toy on my face because she wants to play fetch, haha. I'll definitely buy another one once the one I have gets worn out." —Jaimee
Get it from Amazon for $3.99.
36. A custom-made leather dog couch that might just inspire you to redecorate your entire living room to go with it — it's that stylish.
BLVD Couch is a small business that sells incredible custom-made dog couches.
Promising review: "I’ve searched high and low for a dog bed my sweet pup could cozy up in that also looks nice with our decor. This one ticks all the boxes! It's perfect for her!" —Courtney Higgs
37. A magnificent shelf with a faux-fur lining that'll provide your cat with an ultra luxurious perch to lounge on while judging your every move.
Tuft + Paw is a direct-to-consumer cat brand from Jackson Cunningham. Their products are informed by both feline behavior and aesthetic design. They offer a 50% discount when you choose to donate any of their products to a shelter.
Promising review: "Our cats are loving this and it looks great in our home!" —Alina J.