42 Light And Summery Pieces For Anyone Who's Just Too Damn Hot
There's gotta be at least one article of clothing you won't sweat through living in this post.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A perfectly purple maxi that just looks like it would make you feel easy and breezy even when the summer weather is nothing but that.
2. Frayed denim shorts that'll help you duplicate Jessica Simpson's memorable look from The Dukes of Hazzard while keeping your cool.
3. A flared skater skirt to make you feel like Tara Lipinski mid-routine despite the fact that you're completely uncoordinated.
4. A cropped baby tee that says "HEY, LOOK AT ME!" while also revealing a little skin. Don't forget to put some sunblock on that exposed strip!
5. A high-neck spaghetti strap number you can dress up with glitzy accessories for a fabulous look that won't leave you feeling overheated.
6. Cotton drawstring shorts to throw on over a bathing suit for a simple but put-together beach look.
7. A two-piece set that'll make getting dressed the easiest decision you make all day. This outfit has serious heading-to-dinner-after-lying-by-the-beach-all-day vibes.
8. A tiered ruffled midi-dress, for anyone who constantly finds themselves sweating (and praying for the start of autumn) but still wants to make it *seem* like they enjoy summertime.
10. A scoop neck tank, perfect for showing off that awesome tan you've been working on (or magically got just walking back and forth to the store because it's SO FREAKIN' HOT).
12. Basic gym shorts for when the weather is just so unbearable you can't even bother getting truly dressed.
14. A chic dress with puffy sleeves that'll help you achieve your Bridgerton style goals without overheating.
15. A wrap dress that'll have you looking so ~chill~ no one will think twice about the fact it's 100 degrees outside once they catch a glimpse of you struttin' your stuff.
16. A floral sundress you can count on to brighten your wardrobe and your mood all the while keeping you cool (three cheers for lightweight jersey material!).
17. A matching crop top and shorts set that'll make getting dressed a breeze even when there isn't an actual ounce of a real breeze in the thick, humid, awful, summer air. Yuck, but at least you'll look like a 10/10.
18. A dress starring thin straps that cross in the back for an unexpected sexy ~look~ you won't sweat in because it's super breathable.
19. A high-waisted pleated skirt you'll want to twirl around in like Beyoncé on her haters... to generate a breeze because, let's face it, it's hotter than hell.
20. High-waisted bike shorts to take your chill Princess Diana–style vibe into another season — I'd like to think she'd approve of her classic look being given a pastel treatment.
21. A romantic cottagecore number that, while it looks fancy and mesmerizing, is actually super lightweight and comfortable for a variety of seasons.
22. A tulip-hemmed sheath dress that'll look so chic with those new shoes you just picked up. Don't you just love an outfit you can wear with sneakers, sandals, or boots?
23. A floral romper featuring an open-back design to ensure your skin has some breathing room on the hottest day of the year — you're welcome.
25. A tube top and skirt set you'll love because it's flowy, summery, and essentially everything you'd want in a chic seasonal outfit.
26. A tee made for proud introverts, because no one should be ashamed. We should all embrace that side of ourselves — crack open a book, turn on Netflix, and just STAY INSIDE when it's hot. So glorious.
27. An oceanic tee to ~make some waves~ in your wardrobe and make you want to pick up and move to an isolated beach town.
29. A skirt with vintage vibes, because I know you've been dying to replicate Midge Maisel's impeccable style from that summer vacay her fam took to the Catskills.
30. A Disney-inspired tee featuring a reference to melting ice cream, because I honestly can't think of anything more appropriate to wear during a heat wave / while running around in the too-hot Florida sun at the Magic Kingdom.
32. A flirty dress with a tie front and spaghetti straps you'll love so much that you'll want it in every single color.
33. A cute tank with scallop details, in case the thought of wearing sleeves during the summer makes you wanna scream.
34. A casual T-shirt dress you can buy in every color and wear as your summer uniform. Who wants to try and put an outfit together when it feels like their brain is melting? NOT ME.
35. Teva Hurricane Drift Sandals you'll find to be as comfortable as they are cute — get 'em in the mustard yellow color for an extra pop you didn't know your summer outfits needed.
36. Pull-on denim shorts for when it's so hot the thought of having to deal with a zipper or buttons (gasp!) seems simply impossible.
37. A color-blocked one-piece or vibrant, cheeky two-piece from a celebrity-loved small business — if it's good enough for Kim K's Insta feed it's certainly good enough for yours!
I came across Haus of Pinklemonaid, an LGBTQ, Black, Asian-owned small business, after seeing Kim Kardashian rock one of their suits on her page. The owner, Andru Wallace, has created incredibly swimwear lines that celebs like Saweetie, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Kylie Jenner, Ashley Graham, and more have worn!
38. A loose-fitting maxi dress so versatile, you'll easily be able to rock it at brunch or at the beach.
39. A bikini set featuring a one-shoulder top and high-waisted bottoms that won't give off Tarzan vibes (or at least that's what my husband calls every single one-shouldered item I own).
Promising review: "I really like this bathing suit. It's well-made, thick, and very soft. The bottom does not slip and slide, but it is on the cheekier side. Because it's high-waisted, it accentuates me in all the right places. I would recommend this bathing suit; it's my favorite one I’ve ordered off of Amazon. Just bought one in another color." —peyton
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in women's sizes S–XL and 15 colors).
40. A tank top made out of organic cotton you can count on to feel nice 'n' soft on your skin even when you're a self-proclaimed sweaty mess.
41. A maxi dress that'll add a *pop* of pastel to your day without leaving you looking like an actual floral arrangement.
42. A bikini trimmed with playful tassels so you can shimmy right into the pool — get ready to make a stylish splash!
Before you start yelling at me via the comments that you're tired of seeing this bathing suit, hear me out. I took my own advice and purchased this ever-popular suit and — WHATTYA KNOW — it's amazing. I was worried about putting it in the wash, but surprisingly all of them stayed intact. The only suggestion I have for you is to remember to put sunscreen on your lil' exposed mid-section. I forgot and paid the price with a strip of not-so-cute red across my entire body. Ouch.
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in sizes 4–16 and 13 styles).