38 Bathing Suits To Buy Now That The Weather Is Heating Up
Don't sweat it — you deserve to invest in a new suit for the summer.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A textured knit one-piece in a vibrant color you might also want to pair with your favorite shorts for a *look* even when the sun isn't shining or you're not hangin' around a body of water.
Promising review: "In addition to the color being beautiful, the feel of the fabric is delightful. The material is stretchy and provides more space where needed! I’m excited because I’ve been trying to find a nice swimsuit!" —JodiY
Get it from New York and Company for $34.99 (originally $79.95; available in sizes S–2XL and two colors).
2. A floral one-piece bathing suit that'll double as a cute lil' sundress, a must-have for anyone heading off on one of those all-inclusive beach resort vacation where you're constantly hopping from the pool to the bar.
Promising review: "DO NOT hesitate, buy this bathing suit! You will thank me later LOL. I’m a breastfeeding mom with HUGE boobs! This suit covers and supports me. It’s super cute and the material is thick. I would buy more as my go-to dresses! ALSO, I never take the time to write a novel like this, BUT I’ve worked for a high-end swimsuit company for years and can tell you I have never found something that holds and gives coverage like this suit does. For anybody on the fence, just give it a shot!" —Brittany S
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in women's sizes XL–5XL and 18 patterns).
3. A strappy binkini you'll look and feel fabulous while wearing, even if you're just taking a dip in the blow-up kiddie pool you purchased for yourself to try and make the most out of this summer.
Promising review: "If I could leave more than 5 stars for this swimsuit, I WOULD!!!! I want to scream from the rooftops about how amazing the fit and feel of this beautiful set are. I put this on and immediately felt like a million dollars. The top boasts padded cups and adjustable everything, making it fit well no matter your size. I generally have a hard time staying in bikini cups, and I was able to tighten the back AND sides of this suit for a perfect fit. Well-made, well-loved, and I will wear this suit to EVERY beach and pool party from now on!!" —Annie Hinz
Get it from Amazon for $29.88 (available in sizes M–3XL and four styles).
4. A fishnet panel bikini that'll look *reel-y* good in the inevitable Instagram pics you're going to take while wearing this beauty on a boat.
5. A crossover one-piece you can count on to pair nicely with that fantastic oversized sun hat you snagged last summer to channel your best Meredith Blake vibes.
6. A retro-inspired high-cut one piece that'll justify coordinating a Sports Illustrated–worthy photoshoot during your next beach trip — this suit deserves the recognition.
Promising review: "I am OBSESSED with this bathing suit! What an amazing buy! It is so form fitting, amazing quality material, and great packaging. They even gave a complimentary pack of metallic tattoos. This is my second bathing suit from this company, and I want to get a few other colors now." —Diane
Get it from Amazon for $27.99 (available in sizes S–2XL and 36 styles).
7. A one-shouldered number made from recycled fishing nets that'll provide you with not only a fabulous poolside look but an educational fun fact to share as well!
Promising review: "The unique cut and shape of this simple swimsuit makes it the little black dress of swimsuits. It holds everything in and makes me anticipate the summer days. The soft buttery fabric, like all the GFC items, makes it a joy to wear! I'm pretty short but the form works on my body! Love love it!" —Sajuti H
Get it from Girlfriend Collective for $78 (available in sizes 2XS–3XL, 6XL, and five colors).
8. An off-the-shoulder number with a flouncy top you'll want to wear every chance you get — it can easily double as a bodysuit during your next tropical vacay.
Promising review: "Love, love, love this suit! It's comfortable, looks cute, and actually covers your butt instead of trying to climb up it. It has soft cups, but if you aren't very busty, it doesn't matter because the ruffle covers you up." —CB
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in sizes XS–2XL and 14 styles).
9. A monokini with a mesh cutout so you don't have to worry about accidentally flashing someone — you'll thank me when you're able to swan dive into the pool without a care in the world.
Promising review: "I love this suit! I’m headed to a cruise with my husband and another couple and was looking for suits that made me feel sexy without looking like a fool. This suit totally did it for me! I checked the dimensions and ordered accordingly, perfect fit! I can’t wait to prance around the ship while throwing back margaritas with my crew!" —Heather
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in sizes XS–3XL and 25 styles).
10. A ruffled racerback tankini no one will believe you scored for less than $30! It comes in an array of patterns that'll make it really easy to mix-and-match with other suits you already own.
Promising review: "This was my first time ever wearing a two-piece swimsuit. I was nervous at first, but I felt really comfortable in this swimsuit, it showed just enough. I got several compliments on it. No one believed I got it on Amazon. I will be buying another one for my cruise coming up." —Megan Millard
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes 00–26 and 12 styles).
11. A retro bathing suit that'll make you feel like you're on summer vacation with Midge Maisel and her family.
Promising review: "I'm definitely a pear-shaped girl and this swimsuit does wonders. It does so much for my figure and I feel so confident wearing it. I ordered an XL based on the reviews and it fits perfectly! Don't be afraid to order the XL if you're usually a medium, guys. You'll thank me later. I look hot! Definitely looks like it's way more expensive than what you're paying for." —Destiny Warren
Get it from Amazon for $23.99 (available in sizes M–5XL and in four styles).
12. A crocheted high neck bikini top and bottoms for anyone who felt like they should've been cast as the lead role in Mamma Mia, rolling around in the sand like a bohemian beach queen singing their heart out to their husband-to-be. This top would seamlessly fit in that scene.
13. A chic bathing suit set featuring a strapless top and high-rise bottoms you'll happily add to your ever-growing collection of swimwear.
14. A crocheted one-piece that'll assure you are the sexiest person at the pool — it has adjustable straps so you can ensure it fits *exactly* the way you like it. Work it, honey!
Promising review: "This is a great suit. I would like to note I was wearing a bathing suit for the first time in many seasons — so I wasn’t thinking ahead about wearing sunscreen under the torso area. Unfortunately I spent way too much time outdoors wearing this well-fitting, comfortable, fairly conservatively cut suit. It doesn’t ride up. I didn’t need the straps that came with it and I was delighted to find there were two options — wide straps and string spaghetti style. Nice to have that alternative. However, I burned my belly and now will have this lovely decorative lace element on my abdomen all summer long! Don’t be me — wear sunscreen EVERYWHERE!! Probably gonna buy another color, but the navy is gorgeous!!" —Ellen Delano
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes 2–16 and in seven styles).
15. A halter bikini to provide your chest with support in case you get ~wild~ and want to cannonball into the water.
Promising review: "This bathing suit is adorable and super comfortable. Make sure to check the sizing though! This bathing suit runs large. I ordered the medium based on the sizing chart, which fit really well but I am definitely a size large with any other bathing suit (and sometime larges are even a little small). That being said the top is a little large but the bottoms are perfect. Can't wait to wear it at the beach." —Margaret
Get it from Amazon for $23.99 (available in sizes S–2XL).
16. A floral monokini for when you wanna cover up but still show off a lil' cleavage. (If you've got it, flaunt it!)
Promising review: "Love it! I’m 5'1 and a size 16. I got the XL and it fits great. My daughter actually said 'wow, that looks great!' and she is a sassy, opinionated teenager! Love it so much I just ordered a second one in black." —Jennifer M.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes S–2XL and 31 styles).
17. A pineapple-print bikini, a must-have if you like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain.
Promising review: "Just received today and completely in love with my purchase! Practically waited outside for the delivery. True to size, as I ordered a medium. As far as the top, I am a 34D and I adjusted the straps the furthest they could go and it fits perfectly. The bottoms come past my belly button ring and are not too tight or anything. Plenty of breathing room on the top and bottom." —Brittany Jones
Get it from Amazon for $17.28+ (available in sizes S–2XL and six styles).
18. A long-sleeve rash guard top and ruched high-waisted bottoms for anyone who is looking to slay it at the beach while avoiding a nasty sunburn.
Promising review: "Loved this suit! I went to Mexico on vacation and was concerned with getting too much sun. The top was perfect and I was expecting to hate the bottoms but they fit and looked great for my frame! Not only was this functional but super cute and I received a lot of compliments. I also did not get sunburned laying on the beach all day." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $31.99+ (available in sizes 4–14 and four colors).
20. A knotted swimsuit that'll make you feel so cool you won't even notice the hot sun beaming down on you.
Promising review: "I’m always nervous about buying bathing suits on Amazon and I have had some bad experiences, but this one changed it all! This bathing suit is cute. The legs are cut just high enough and the bottoms go up to my belly button. The material is soft and stretchy, and it’s lined on the inside, so not see-through!!" —gchart
Get it from Amazon for $24.99 (available in sizes S–XL and 18 styles).
21. A wordy one-piece you can count on to become a staple in your summer wardrobe — snag 'em for you and your bride squad for a cute play on the whole *matching-at-the-bachelorette-party* thing.
Promising review: "I love this one-piece! It was the staple of my whole vacation! I took previous advice and ordered a size up and it was definitely a good decision. I have a hard time finding swimsuits that fit right but this one did not disappoint. I don't have much of a booty but this piece was still pretty 'booty-licious.' So many compliments on this and cannot wait for an excuse to wear it again, or buy another one in a different color! Highly recommended accessory: a bikini wax!!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in sizes S–2XL and 18 styles).
22. A matching jacquard top and crossover bottom set you can count on to be just as comfortable as your favorite sports bra and leggings duo (but without feeling sticky and sweaty because it's summer, dammit)
Promising review (for the top): "I am very picky when it comes to swimsuits and this one did not disappoint. As a mom of four I feel great in it! It has just the right length and support for me and I can be active with the kids in the water. Feels like I’m wearing a type of sports bra." —Idaho Mom
Promising review (for the bottoms): "The material is so soft and I love the texture. It sits so nicely on the body. It is pretty cheeky and does kinda scrunch up in the booty when you walk, but who doesn't love a lil extra butt cheek, amirite?" —Zoey
23. A lace-up, off-the-shoulder one-piece that'll keep you covered but also leave a lasting impression as you casually walk to your lounge chair.
Promising review: "This bathing suit was just what I needed for a food and drink–inclusive party. The fabric did not feel cheap and the color was super vibrant. I was very happy with the fit, quality, and style of this bathing suit. The backside provides coverage and is not high cut at all. Sexy but full coverage pretty much everywhere." —Rey
Get it from Amazon for $19.98+ (available in sizes S–2XL and 27 styles).
24. A retro-styled one-piece to make you feel glamorous, even when you're sweating while reading a novel by the pool.
Promising review: "This was my first attempt at buying a swimsuit online without trying it on, and I was super nervous...but I LOVE this suit. Finding swimsuits is always a hassle with my bust size (36D) but this keeps my boobs covered. I got an XL, and it's perfect. No cutting into my skin anywhere. I was so excited to find out that it has a lining, so there's a double layer. Definitely recommend!" —Idkeim
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in sizes S–3XL and 19 styles).
25. A color-blocked one-piece or vibrant, cheeky two-piece from a celebrity-loved small business — if it's good enough for Kim K's Insta feed it's certainly good enough for yours!
I came across Haus of Pinklemonaid, an LGBTQ, Black, Asian-owned small business, after seeing Kim Kardashian rock one of their suits on her page. The owner, Andru Wallace, has created incredibly swimwear lines that celebs like Saweetie, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Kylie Jenner, Ashley Graham, and more have worn!
26. A detailed one-piece that'll make you ~halt~ and strike a pose because you'll look so fantastic wearing it — it has stunning lace detailing you won't be able to stop bragging about.
Promising review: "I immediately fell in love with this swimsuit and needed it relatively quickly. I decided to order an XL because I'm large chested and larges seem to be cut a bit small. The piece is well-made and perfect for a chill day on the beach. Very good quality and looks expensive. I got so many compliments on it and I plan on wearing it often! Best swimsuit purchase I've made!" —Liv Vernay
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in sizes S–2XL and three styles).
27. An ethically made adjustable bikini top made from recycled plastics — it''ll keep you feeling super supported even without a pesky underwire.
You might even want to pair this with their matching ruched high-waisted bottoms to complete the look!
Wild Isles is a woman-owned small business based in Minneapolis that sustainably creates fun and tailored pieces for women, especially those with larger breasts, to feel confident in.
Promising review: "OBSESSED! I cannot say enough good things about Wild Isles! I bought this suit on a whim and OH MY GOSH it is incredible. I honestly don't think I've ever felt comfortable or sexy in a swimsuit, but this one did the impossible! It is amazing quality, sexy, but still modest. It holds the girls in and feels like I could jump around and do flips without the dreaded "nip slip." Wild Isles, you guys totally know what you are doing!" —Madeline
Get it from Wild Isles for $95 (available in four sizes and colors).
28. Simple high-waisted bottoms you'll be able to pair with any and every top you find for the next few years.
29. A vibrant bikini top you can wear with a variety of bottoms you already own (or the one you just picked up) to add an exciting pop of color to your poolside style.
Promising review: "No more compromise! I have never been happier with a swimsuit top. It is incredibly supportive (wave tested!) without being constraining. The underwire is completely comfortable and discreet. The colors are fun and bright! I absolutely recommend for anyone that has a hard time finding something that is both supportive and cute. I've never ordered a swimsuit online before, but I went out on a limb based on the reviews and was not disappointed!" —K. Healy
Get it from Amazon for $39.79+ (available in sizes D–F and 19 styles).
Psst: This item is included in Prime Wardrobe, so you can give it a trial run if you're a member!
30. A bikini trimmed with playful tassels so you can shimmy right into the pool — get ready to make a stylish splash!
Before you start yelling at me via the comments that you're tired of seeing this bathing suit, hear me out. I took my own advice and purchased this ever-popular suit and — WHATTYA KNOW — it's amazing. I was worried about putting it in the wash, but surprisingly all of them stayed intact. The only suggestion I have for you is to remember to put sunscreen on your lil' exposed mid-section. I forgot and paid the price with a strip of not-so-cute red across my entire body. Ouch.
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in sizes 4–16 and 13 styles).
31. A cutout swimsuit featuring a darling scoop neck and a unique tie-dye pattern to ensure you stand out from all the other sunbathers at the beach.
Promising review: "Super unique style that fits amazingly well. It has adjustable straps to help with that perfect fit. I got the tie-dye and the fabric Is good quality, not thin. It has nice padded inserts. The bottom has nice ruched stitching so you can adjust coverage from more coverage to less. I am considering getting another!" —shoppingbear
Get it from Amazon for $25.99 (available in sizes S–XL and 19 colors).
32. A bandeau set made out of a quick-dry material that won't leave awkward wet spots on your cover-up when you throw it on in a rush after hearing the ice cream man is driving down your block. Ice cream >>> anything else in the summer.
Promising review: "Talk about the best bathing suit ever!! I normally don't purchase bathing suits online, but this one is perfect. I followed the sizing guidelines, and it fits so true to size!! I love the adjustable straps as well. I'm top-heavy and nervous about a top not holding me up well, but this is the very few that have done the job. I will definitely be buying another one." —Erica Faircloth
Get it from Amazon for $28.66 (available in sizes S–XL and 16 styles).