1. Drake released a new song, “0 to 100 / The Catch-Up” on Sunday.
“If I aint’ the greatest then I’m headed for it / That mean I’m way up,” raps Drake on the 40 and Nineteen85-produced song, which plays like a personal manifesto on how to keep moving forward. Clocking in at six minutes, the song features Drake reflecting on being a TV soap star, the trajectory of his rap career, and his relationship to his father.
2. In the song Drake seems to tease an album release next spring.
Drake raps over the song’s ethereal beat change, “Listen up boy you’re better off eavesdroppin / We already got spring 2015 poppin’” and then rattles off a list of future release predictions from members of his crew including PND, OB O’Brien, and Majid Jordan.
3. Drake released the track during Nas’ set at Summer Jam on Sunday night
By dropping the track in the middle of the big New York radio station concert, he might have been trying to make it seem like he wasn’t interested in, or at, the show. So it was a big surprise when he showed up for a cameo during Nicki Minaj’s headlining set. Somehow, Drake stole the show at Summer Jam twice: once with the song, and then on the stage.
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- Mexican music legend Juan Gabriel has died at 66. The singer was known for his mariachi tunes and ballads on love and heartbreak.
- Britney, Beyoncé, and a secret committee: 16 things you never knew about the MTV VMAs (on tonight at 9 ET) 🎵📺