32 Essential Things To Take On Your Next Beach Vacation
Featuring a personal beach umbrella, sheer sunscreen, a portable safe, and other vacation necessities.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A TSA- approved toiletry bag to keep your liquids all in one place during security check so you move through the line faster. Not to mention it will prevent potentially leaky shampoo from getting all over the rest of your stuff!
2. And a set of four leak-proof travel bottles reviewers swear by for storing shampoo, conditioner, lotion, face creams, ointments, and more with no mess!
3. A pair of Birkenstock Arizona slip-ons that are waterproof and washable, so they don't get grimy due to moisture from your oceanside adventures.
4. A pair of Apple AirPods Pro that'll play hours of tunes so you can turn off the noise around you as you travel, or find the perfect jams for a jog down the shoreline.
Promising review: "Best earbuds I’ve ever purchased. For years I wanted wireless noice canceling earbuds after using the Beats Studios and Bose QC lines. Being an iPhone, user I always saw the appeal of AirPods but never could use them due to them not fitting my ear correctly and always falling out. As soon as I saw the design of the AirPods Pro, I instantly came to Amazon and ordered them. If you’re at all contemplating ordering these, I 100% recommend them. The noise canceling is slightly above average and the transparency mode is extremely useful on the go or whenever you need to hear your surroundings with your music. Amazing product definitely worth the steep price." —Corey P.
And here's more from BuzzFeed shopping editor Emma Lord: "I have a pair of these, and they're not playing around. Once they're securely in your ear, you can toggle the headphones between noise-cancelling and regular sound, depending on your situation. I've been working from home, and the noise-cancelling is so effective that I can work next to a window where my neighbor is doing heavy construction and I don't hear anything louder than a faint buzzing. It's quieter than if I'd just plugged my ears with my own fingers. I'm also a runner, and these don't budge when you're sweating, which is nice. It's also handy that these toggle out of noise cancellation mode, because I feel better being able to hear traffic and other people around me when I'm out and about. The TL;DR: I love these so much I have zero interest in owning another pair of headphones for as long as I live." Read her full review of the AirPod Pros here!
Get them from Amazon for $189.99.
5. A RFID-blocking travel wallet with plenty of slots, pockets, and pouches for all the currency and identification one could ever need.
This wallet has a passport pocket, a boarding pass compartment, three credit card slots, an ID slot, a SIM card pouch, a coupon ticket slot, a cellphone pouch (max 5.8 inches), a money and coins zippered pocket (fits US dollars), a key holder, a pen holder, and a slim pocket.
Promising review: "This holds everything I need all in one place, and it still closes nicely and stays flat! Boarding pass, passport, ID and credit cards, money, checked baggage tickets, receipts, etc.! Yet it doesn’t bulk up or look like an overstuffed mess. Just amazing. The description says it only holds US money, but I just used the boarding pass flap to hold all my Japanese Yen (¥), which are larger. I definitely recommend to anyone who travels a lot!" —Anthony Luu
Get it from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in 37 colors).
6. And a vaccine card holder that'll easily clip on to your purse or bag so it's always on hand and you won't have to worry about losing it as you travel.
Ava Reign Creations is a New York-based Etsy shop that sells masks, gifts, and more.
Promising review: "These will be great for travel to Hawaii. Each of us will be able to safely keep our vaccination cards on us. We will be able to clip them to inside of our travel backpacks and access them easily. Shipped quickly and well packaged." —hydrator1