For the pancakes:
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites, whipped
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/3 cup milk (more if the batter is too thick)
3 tablespoons of butter, melted
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 1/2 ounces chocolate, finely chopped
1 tablespoon butter or oil for cooking
For the chocolate ganache:
1 cup heavy cream
8 ounces chocolate chips
Serve with a bunch raspberries
1. In a large bowl, mix together yolks and sugar, while still whisking, add milk
2. Carefully fold in whipped egg whites with a spoon rather than a whisk.
3. Add and mix the melted butter and the vanilla.
4. In another large bowl, mix the sieved flour, cocoa powder, and the baking powder.
5. Form a little well in the middle and pour the milk and eggs mixture. Stir until the batter is smooth.
6. Mix in the chopped chocolate. Let the batter sit for 15-20 minutes.
7. To make the ganache, in a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream, without letting it boil.
8. Take off the heat, add the chocolate chips to the cream and mix until perfectly smooth.
9. Over low to medium heat, pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter on a well-oiled pan.
10. When bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake, flip and cook it for a minute on the other side.
11. When the pancakes are ready, pour the chocolate ganache on top (if the ganache has hardened while you were making the pancakes, you can microwave it for 15-20 seconds).
12. Garnish with raspberries. Enjoy !
Inspired by Bobby Flay’s recipe.