27 Times Actors And Directors Just Put Their Family Members In Films Instead Of Casting Someone New
I can't decide if this is cute or just another example of nepotism.
Movie casting can be a long, arduous process. So...it kind of makes sense that sometimes actors and directors will straight-up just throw their family member in front of the camera.
Here are 27 times actors and filmmakers just used their family members rather than cast new actors for a part.
1. Tom Hanks's daughter appeared in Forrest Gump.
2. Simon Pegg's and Edgar Wright's mothers appeared in Hot Fuzz.
3. Ralph Fiennes' nephew played Young Voldemort in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
4. Emily Blunt's brother played a soldier in Edge of Tomorrow.
In Edge of Tomorrow (2014), when Rita (Emily Blunt) is first seen marching out of the hangar, a random soldier comes up & exclaims “Bloody hell! It’s the Full Metal...” but she shoves him down before he can finish saying “Bitch.” That soldier is played by Blunt’s real-life younger brother Sebastian. from MovieDetails
5. Dawn of the Dead makeup/special effects artist and actor Mike Savini's niece and nephew appeared in the film.
6. Mark Hamill's children, Nathan, Chelsea, and Griffin, played three rebel soldiers in Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
7. Nathan also appeared in The Phantom Menace.
8. Stanley Kubrick's daughter and grandson both appeared in his film Eyes Wide Shut.
9. John David Washington (who has since become a star in his own right) played one of the kids who said, "I am Malcolm X!" in Malcolm X, starring his father, Denzel Washington.
10. Director Jon Favreau's son, Max, played the little kid in the Iron Man mask in Iron Man 2. The character was later revealed to be a young Peter Parker.
11. George Lucas's son, Jett, played a pretty badass Padawan in both Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.
13. Director Chris Miller's son voiced the Duplo in his film The Lego Movie.
15. The Iron Giant director Brad Bird's son Michael provided additional voices for the animated classic.
16. The Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan cast his son Rory in the bus scene.
17. And Nolan's daughter, Flora, very briefly appeared in his film Interstellar.
18. Steven Spielberg's daughter Sasha briefly appeared in his film The Terminal.
19. Ghostbusters II director Ivan Reitman cast his daughter Catherine in a small role in the film.
20. Chris Columbus, who directed the first two Harry Potter films, cast his daughter in the minor role of Susan Bones. He also used her in his films Home Alone 2 and Rent.
In the Harry Potter film series, the character of Susan Bones was played by director Chris Columbus' daughter, Eleanor Columbus and was the only American kid on set. When Chris was replaced in the series for the 3rd film, the character was cut off. She only appeared in the 1st 2 films. from MovieDetails