Restaurant Workers Are Sharing The Weirdest Customer Order They've Ever Taken, And I'm Shaking My Head
One grilled cheese without the bread, comin' right up.
Here are some of the responses:
1. "I worked at a national pizza chain for a while as a manager. We used to get this guy who would order all the time. He was lactose intolerant so couldn't have cheese, and he had severe heartburn when he ate red sauce. He would order an XL Supreme with no sauce and no cheese."
2. "I had a woman ask me to microwave a milkshake she ordered. She claimed she was allergic to cold things."
3. "I used to work at Whole Foods as a juicer and this one guy would come in every day and order 12 ounces of garlic juice to go (which is like 20 dollars, BTW)."
5. At McDonald's, I watched someone order a Reese's McFlurry with extra bacon. They whipped the bacon right into the dessert."
6. "I had a customer tell me it was impossible to make the dish too spicy. When I told the cooks, they took it as a personal challenge."
"I don't remember what they put in it, but I do know that someone ran to a grocery store for another ingredient. It was literally the spiciest thing I have ever smelled. Just being an arm's length away from it for 30 seconds while I delivered it had me coughing and tears steaming down my face. But...she ate everything. She ate every single bite and then scraped up the remaining sauce and ate that too." —u/hipster_jesus_91
7. "Pickle pizza. Yes, dill pickles on pizza. Blew my mind. It was cubed pickles, not wedges or the rounds you'd use on a sandwich. I tried it later that day. Surprisingly delicious."
8. "I worked in fine dining for a while. I had one lady order crème brûlée French toast with a Froot Loops crust and a bottle of champagne with two carafes of orange juice."
"We made it. Actually we made a whole batch and the workers ate it. It was actually really good." —u/deleted
9. "Customer: 'I'll have a cold grilled cheese please.' Me: 'So...uncooked?' Customer: 'No, cook it. Just serve it cold.'"
10. "Barista here. I think my favorite order was a lady who wanted a latte with half nonfat milk and half soy, a triple shot with one regular shot, one decaf shot, and one half-caffeine shot."
11. "Had this skinny guy order two full lobster plates and a rib eye steak. I just sat back and watched him dominate it all."
12. "I had a customer send back well-done prime rib three times because it wasn't "well-done" enough. The cooks said "fuck it" the fourth time and dropped it in the deep fryer for at least five minutes. Then the customer asked for a side of ketchup."
13. "I once had a guy place his order and ask for 'one of those spaghetti appetizers.' I had been working there for a couple months and we had no pasta dishes whatsoever on the menu. He insisted that he eats here all the time and he always gets the spaghetti appetizer."
"Eventually, he gets up from his table, storms over to another one, and points at what he wants on another diner's table. He was pointing at their coleslaw. And yes, as far as he was concerned, I was still the asshole for not knowing what he was talking about." —u/dudervoog
14. "I had a woman call me back to the table because I didnt place her nachos close enough to her. She asked me to push them closer to her."
15. "Had a lady order our filet mignon. When it was brought out to her, she said with disgust that she had ordered the filet, not a steak. She proceeded to argue that a filet mignon was a type of baked potato rather than a steak."
16. "It wasn't so much the order that was disturbing, but the post-order request. He asked me to chew up the food and put it back onto his plate."
17. "Husband orders a $60 lobster plate. The lobster tail comes with pepper sprinkled on top. The husband sends it back and wants a whole new one with no pepper on top. Apparently his wife wanted to try one piece but doesn't like pepper."
18. "Had a guy send one of our servers to the kitchen about seven times to inquire about the weight of different hamburgers. All were the same yet he insisted she go down and check — and he would watch to make sure she did."
19. "I once had this old lady come into Olive Garden, order something off the menu, and try to customize literally every ingredient."
"She asked me what risotto was and then asked me to switch it out for plain brown rice and squash (neither of which we had). We made all our sauces in house, but they weren't made on the spot for each order. She even tried to customize the ingredients in the sauce." —u/SquidLoaf
20. "We had an old woman who would come in and say, 'For every bean I find in my minestrone soup, I'm deducting 10 cents from your tip.'"
21. "Had a family come in and eat. Little boy eventually orders dessert. Vanilla ice cream and ketchup. Yes, he put the ketchup on the ice cream. No, I didn't stick around to watch."
22. "I had a customer who came in for Sunday brunch and ordered a spinach and feta cheese omelet. She then adds that she would like it made without eggs."
23. "I worked at an upscale pan-Asian restaurant. We were asked to make an almond chicken entrée with the sides, but the entire contents of the plate had to be put in a blender to be made into a shake for a woman who had recently had her jaw wired shut. We made it."
24. "Salmon quesadilla. Except no tortilla, no cheese. Sub chicken for salmon. Add green peppers. No mushrooms, double extra black beans. With rice."
"So basically chicken and black bean stew with rice?" —u/deleted