1. For perfectly ripe avocados year-round, coat the halves in lemon juice then freeze them.
2. Or freeze pureed avocados in ice trays for quick smoothie starters.
3. Instantly ripen avocados in the oven.
4. Or store avocados in a plastic bag with apples or bananas to ripen them faster.
Fun fact: Bananas and apples contain lots of ethylene gas, which naturally speeds up the ripening process in other fruits and veggies.
5. Once you’ve cut your avocado, store it in an air-tight container with a sliced red onion to help keep it from browning.
6. Or keep halved avocados from going brown by brushing olive oil on the flesh.
7. Check under the avocado's stem to see how ripe it is.
8. Use avocado as a dairy-free substitute for butter.
9. Use avocado and lemon to make a delicious pasta sauce.
10. Save the pit to grow your very own avocado tree.
11. Put sour cream or mayonnaise in guacamole for the creamiest dip ever.
12. Use leftover avocado to make a nourishing hair mask
Not only do avocados taste like heaven, they make you even more beautiful! All you need to make this shining and strengthening hair mask is very ripe avocado, coconut oil, and egg. Learn how to make it.