18 Random, Useful, And Unexpected Things People Learned From Movies And TV Shows
Who knew The Ofiice could save lives?
1. "Sabrina the Teenage Witch taught me what mitosis is."
2. "The Big Bang Theory taught me about Schroedinger's Cat."
3. "I know the difference between the shipping address and billing address thanks to Monica in Friends."
4. "I learnt from The Office that CPR compressions can be done to the beat of 'Stayin' Alive.'"
5. "On an episode of Full House, Danny's girlfriend at the time is a dry cleaner and she told him that hairspray removes ink stains. It works!"
6. "I didn't know about the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre until I saw Watchmen last year."
7. "Before I watched Call the Midwife, I had no idea about afterbirth and the placenta..."
8. "I know that the tip of your shoelace is called an aglet because of Phineas and Ferb."
9. "Bruce Almighty taught me to spell 'B-E-A-utiful.'"
10. "Miss Congeniality taught me how to get away from an attacker with 'S.I.N.G: solar plexus, instep, nose, and groin.'"
11. "Clueless taught me the word 'sporadic.'"
12. "It has to be Matilda! It taught me how to spell the word 'difficulty.'"
13. "Legally Blonde taught me that you can’t shower right after getting a perm."
14. "Hamilton legitimately helped me pass my American history final in junior year of high school."
15. "I learned and use Gratitoad from Big Mouth's method to calm down anxieties."
16. "Miley's bone dance in Hannah Montana taught me all about the names of different bones."
17. "Thanks to Mean Girls, I know that 'jambo' means 'hello' in Swahili."
18. "Most of the English I know, I learned from watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer over and over with English subtitles."
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.