1. Take your time.
2. Don't feel like you need to DIY everything.
3. Know what you don't need.
4. Have it during the winter months.
5. Cut your guest list.
6. Hit the sales.
7. Use seasonal items to your advantage.
8. Get smart when it comes to wedding decorations.
Work with the decoration that is already there. Don't try to transform the venue – if you have to do that, then it may be the wrong place. Also consider getting married in December, when a lot of venues will be decorated for Christmas.