1. Organized "wrist wrestling" began in a saloon in 1952.
2. But the sport itself dates back to ancient Egypt.
3. Magnus Samuelsson is a champion arm wrestler and 14-time World's Strongest Man finals contender.
4. There are men's and women's leagues all over the world.
5. Arm wrestling puts immense stress on the humerus bone of the arm, more so than any other sporting activity. This results in frequent fractures.
6. There is recorded proof of this:
7. In 1972, Ronald Reagan "wrist wrestled" league founder Bill Soberanes and cheated.
8. Pro arm wrestler Matthias Schlitte has one super-sized arm.
The arm is the result of both a genetic defect and training. His slight frame allows him to compete in a lower weight class, where his larger arm is a huge advantage.