Good news! According to science, snacking can benefit you! If done properly, it can create a feeling of fullness, give you energy, and curb excessive caloric intake.
We've compiled a guide of some of the best snacks to make, how to prepare them, how to store them, and how long they'll last. Once you have the prep down, get creative and play around with your snack game!
Breakfast is widely considered the most important meal of the day, but sometimes there's just not enough time in the morning. When prepping your morning snacks, try to include fruits and grains of some sort. The fiber and protein from the grains will help to fill you up and curb your appetite, while the sugars and nutrients from the fruits can help to energize you through the morning.
1. Make overnight oats jars for a quick morning bite.
2. Satisfy your morning sweet tooth with chia peanut butter balls.
3. Make your own granola bars at home.
4. Make smoothie packs ahead of time.
5. Pop a handful of these guys for a delicious, energizing snack.
Don't hit the two o'clock slump, and definitely don't go for something super sugary that'll cause you to peak and crash by 2:15 p.m. A solid afternoon snack will help to perk you up, curb your appetite, and keep you trucking until dinnertime.