1. If a task if going to take you less than a minute to complete, do it as soon as you think of it.
The One-Minute Rule is simple, but it works! Getting out of the habit of putting things off is the easiest way to get shit done.
2. Read for a set amount of time every single day.
Even if it's 10 or 20 minutes, you'll either finish or make good progress on a book by the end of the month.
3. Actually start flossing your teeth at least once a day.
It will be worth it when you don't have to lie at your next dentist appointment.
4. Try and go to bed at the same time each night, and wake up at a similar time each morning.
Your body loves habits, especially good sleep habits. Set a go-to-bed alarm, as well as a wake-up alarm, and try and stick to both most days.
5. Make your bed each and every morning.
Coming home to a bedroom with a made bed is a pure delight. Once you're in the habit of making your bed, you won't be able to believe you ever left the house without doing it.
6. Add one new healthy food or ingredient into your diet.
Adding something healthy feels way better than taking something out of your diet, so choose a new vegetable, grain, or spice and work it into your meal rotation.
7. Find a workout you can do comfortably in your own home, and do it regularly.
Even if it's just a short routine of push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, and squats, you'll always have something to do on days you can't be bothered getting to the gym or a class.
8. Instead of putting things down, put them away.
Leaving things where they don't belong is how homes get messy. Avoid an hour of tidying up by taking a few seconds to put things away as you finish with them.
9. Each night, plan what you're going to wear the next day.
If you find mornings a struggle, try preparing your outfit for the next day, the night before.
10. Practice a new skill or hobby for 10 minutes every day.
Whether it's watercolor painting, embroidery, violin, or learning a new language, dedicating10 minutes a day to it guarantees you'll have improved by the end of the month.
11. Save every $5 bill that makes its way into your wallet.
A lot of people swear by this simple money-saving trick. Stash away every $5 note you come across, and enjoy your savings at a later date.
12. Write down three things you're grateful for each night before bed.
Keeping a gratitude list or journal is a lovely practice that helps highlight all the good things you have going on in your life.
13. Try meditating, starting with just three minutes a day.
The first session on the Calm app is just three minutes long. Start there, and see how you feel after a month of daily meditation.
14. Keep track of how much water you're drinking, and set daily hydration goals.
Most of us aren't drinking enough water, so keeping a tally of how many glasses you're having a day is a good way to see if you need to improve your habit.
15. Call someone when you're having a bad day, whether that person is a friend, family member, or health professional.
Find your person, then get into the habit of calling them to chat more regularly.