1. Puff Daddy, Faith Evans & 112 - I’ll be Missing You
Remember when he was called Puff Daddy?
2. Toni Braxton - Unbreak My Heart
Such a dramatic song - and that white dress, dramatic in its own way.
3. En Vogue - Don’t Let Go (LOVE)
A dynamic 90s girl group.
4. Mark Morrison - Return of the Mack
Such a classic track, had a revival in 2016 with the Nevada cover.
5. R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly
This did fly…right up the charts.
6. Usher - You Make Me Wanna
Usher in his early days.
7. The Notorious B.I.G. - Mo Money Mo Problems
8. Blackstreet ft. Dr Dre & Queen Pen - No Diggity
Another track revived as a result of Pitch Perfect.
9. Mariah Carey - Honey
When Mariah Carey started to lose the girl next-door look and became sexy.
10. Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)
What a great way to announce your return.
11. Aqua - Barbie Girl
Remember how controversial this clip was back then?
12. Hanson - MMMBop
Remember wondering whether you were watching three boys or three girls singing?
13. Jewel - Foolish Games
14. LeAnn Rimes - How Do I Live
The only good thing to have come out of the film Con Air.
15. Elton John - Candle in the Wind
The year the world was in shock over the death of Princess Diana. Do you remember where you were or what you were doing when you heard the news?
16. Spice Girls - Say You’ll Be There
The sassier side of the Spice Girls.
17. Coolio - I’ll C U When U Get There
The softer side of Coolio.
18. Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
Get knocked down…but you get up again.
19. White Town - Your Woman
One you may have forgotten about…
20. The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
21. Real McCoy - One More Time
One of the greatest Euro-dance acts of the 90s.
22. Blur - Song 2
One for all the rockers out there.
23. Will Smith - Men In Black
Here they come.
24. Savage Garden - Truly, Madly, Deeply
An Australian duo who made it big in the 90s.
25. Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life
You’ve probably heard this song so many times on the radio or television since 1997.
26. Allure & 112 - All Cried Out
They have no more tears to cry now.
27. Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games With My Heart
They were sick of your games.
28. Smash Mouth - Walkin’ on the Sun
This song has such a retro feel to it.
29. Matchbox Twenty - Push
Back when Rob Thomas was at his peak.
30. Daft Punk - Around the World
Such an awesome concept for a clip and a club banger even today.
31. N-Trance - Do Ya Think I’m Sexy?
The answer is…YES!
32. Michael Jackson - Blood On the Dance Floor
The King of Pop.
33. Spice Girls - Spice Up Your Life
So much product placement in the one clip.
34. Savage Garden - Break Me, Shake Me
Another great song for the Aussie duo that year.
35. Shawn Colvin - Sunny Came Home
This song was everywhere in 1997.
36. Diana King - I Say A Little Prayer
Remember the movie this is from?
37. Dannii Minogue - All I Wanna Do
When she was releasing some decent dance tracks.
38. T-Shirt - You Sexy Thing
A short lived career for T-Shirt.
39. Meredith Brooks - Bitch
Another controversial song based on the title.
40. Elton John - Something About The Way You Look Tonight
Another song used to describe the late Princess Diana.
41. Spice Girls - Who Do You Think You Are?
These girls dominated the world that year.
42. Janet Jackson - Together Again
The Jackson family had a good year in 1997.
43. Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
She was such a jewel for the music scene.
44. Aqua - Doctor Jones
Aqua was well known for the crazy clips and songs.
45. Spice Girls - Mama
A song for all the mamas out there.
46. Backstreet Boys - As Long As You Love Me
It really was a battle between the boy bands and the girl bands that year.
47. Blue Boy - Remember Me
Another track you probably have heard but forgot all about.
48. No Doubt - Sunday Morning
After they exploded with Don’t Speak, this came out.
49. Tonic - If You Could Only See
Such a great song.
50. Human Nature - Don’t Say Goodbye
Another iconic Aussie group.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯