19 Things You'll Probably Want If You're Going Back To Campus In Person
Everything to help you ~get ready~.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of Neuro energy gum that'll help you refuel without making another coffee run across campus. The gum is packed with green tea caffeine, vitamin B6 (for your mood), and vitamin B12 (for your energy) — all of which combine to help you feel energized and prevent afternoon crashes.
Especially great if you have profs who won't let you have drinks in class.
Promising review: "As a medical student, I have found this to be an amazing addition to my daily study regimen. It gives me the same amazing boost as the Diet Coke and coffee I used to chug, but without the jitters, crash/headache, or teeth-staining. It's become my new go-to for staying awake and alert in the OR or on the wards. I highly recommend for anyone who needs a pick-me-up, but doesn't want that 'wired' sensation you get from coffee." —R. Sardesai
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $21.
2. A fresh pair of AirPods Pro with noise-cancellation, so they're perfect for studying amidst your loud roommates or in overcrowded coffee shops.
3. A daily planner and productivity tracker that'll help you get your stuff done, once and for all. Commuting to class again makes managing your schedule *even more* difficult, BUT this beautiful and organized list — which helps you track everything from your appointments to your water intake — should really help.
Promising review: "I adore my daily planner! There’s plenty of space to note down all the things I need to accomplish in the day, the clock is wonderful for visually mapping out my day, and I love the 'top 3 priority' feature! The paper is excellent quality. There hasn’t been any bleeding, and there aren’t indentations from the previous day (which is perfect for a heavy-handed writer, like myself). It also tears seamlessly, which is a small satisfaction! Overall, 10/10 would recommend to anyone and everyone interested in this item. I can’t wait to order more items from Bliss Collection!" —Elizabeth Bowen
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
4. A set of glass meal-prep containers, because your schedule is jam-packed this semester and there's literally no time to pick up lunch during the day.
Promising review: "These meal prep containers are awesome! I can take my food straight from the oven and put it in the container without worrying about it melting. There is a vent on the lid and the containers don't leak if they are sealed. These are also oven-safe and you can section of your food since there is a divider in it (with two sections). Perfect for meal prep and meal portions." —Sara
Get a five-pack from Amazon for $29.99.
5. A reusable bamboo cutlery set that'll help you avoid unnecessary single-use plastic when picking up your fav takeout between classes.
Set includes an activated charcoal toothbrush, a serrated blade knife, a fork, a spoon, a pair of handcrafted chopsticks, a bamboo straw, a straw-cleaning brush, and a travel pouch.
Promising review: "First of all, if you are buying a bamboo cutlery set, you probably are interested in reducing wasteful plastic in the environment. I was pleased to see that this product came with minimal, recyclable packaging! Secondly, unlike previous bamboo cutlery sets I’ve purchased, this comes with a knife that actually has teeth. It’s bamboo, but with notches that allow you to use it as more than just a butter knife. I love that there is not only a bamboo ‘straw,’ but it comes with a brush to clean the straw effectively. Finally, a bonus: a toothbrush! Very thoughtful. My classmates all took pictures of my kit because they want to order it too." —Morgan Dawning
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
6. A pair of round, mirrored sunnies to protect your precious eyes from the harmful rays of the intensifying sun. BUT, more importantly, they'll also help you avoid awkward eye contact with that person you met freshman year (but haven't spoken to since) when you walk into the dining hall. 👀
Promising review: "These sunglasses are AMAZING!! Great quality and they arrived so quickly! They came in a cute box with a glass cleaner and a glass pouch to put them in! 10/10 recommended! They look exactly like the photo!! And completely worth the money!" —alyssa
Get them from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in eight colors).
7. A mini handheld fan that'll definitely to keep you cool during those long, hot morning commutes by foot, bus, or bike — or when you end up in the one lecture hall with broken AC. There's nothing worse than dripping sweat in class!
The USB-powered fan also has a built-in flashlight and can provide an emergency charge for your phone!
Promising review: "This device is absolutely amazing! The fan is surprisingly powerful. The flashlight works perfectly and the power bank is a lifesaver. Currently using it to charge my phone as we have no power and tornado warnings. It lasts forever with a full charge. I completely forgot about the power bank until now and decided I just have to get my review in. Truly worth every penny. It is a little bulky for my smaller purse that’s clutch-sized but I still keep this in my car if I can’t carry it. This has become a necessity." —LAK78
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in five colors).
8. A portable phone charger so you can run around all day long without worrying about a dead phone. Not that you would ever drain your battery by scrolling social media through your entire lecture...but, just in case, you'll have this.
Promising review: "I like the solid and sleek construction. Fits easily in my pocket. Most importantly it works! Fast charging, enough capacity to charge my phone multiple times over multiple days, and withstands plenty of me dropping it and yanking the cord out awkwardly and accidentally. This is the fourth Anker charger I’ve owned." —Joe Hull
Get it from Amazon $21.99 (available in two colors).
9. A handheld garment steamer, because if you have to start wearing ~real~ clothes again, there's NO WAY you're messing around with an iron in the morning. This gives your clothes that beautiful pressed look with little effort required. It'll also come in handy for date parties and interviews!
10. A set of tiny magnetic balls that are the adult fidget-toy of your dreams — you can use them to make all kinds of shapes and mini-sculptures. They're great for stress relief and breaking habits like nail-biting, and they will be a welcome change from scrolling Instagram during class or in the library.
I have a set of the magnetic balls above, as well as this geode, these fleks, and this silicone stress blot — and lemme tell ya, they have changed my productivity game forever. There is no meeting where I'm NOT playing around with one of these! They're a surefire way to quickly relieve any stress I might be feeling, and help me calm down when I'm feeling overwhelmed. I proudly display them on my desk because they are also works of art. Period.
Promising review: "Love love love!!! Such a good way to ease stress and 'anxious hands' without being on your phone." —Rachel G
Get them from Speks for $44.95+ (available in 25 colors).
11. Or TheFube — a fidget cube with several different buttons, levers, and knobs to keep your brain focused and your fingers busy.
Promising review: "This is the only one I’ve tried but my anxiety is already going down. I use it during conference calls and while trying to focus at home. It’s got so many little things that I’m OK if one or two don’t work for me. Love this little cube." —Kylee
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in four styles).
12. A set of Stabilo fine-point colored pens that'll have the pages of your notebooks and planner looking nothing less than Pinterest-perfect.
Promising review: "These pens just changed my life. Why have I not heard about these before now? They are THE MOST amazing pens. My usual love is PaperMate Flair. These are even better! So many awesome colors. Super fine, strong tip. No bleeding through paper. Some ghosting with the darker colors, especially if you are really making some thick lines. Can letter, draw, or color with these bad boys. Super smooth. Awesomely saturated colors that don't bleed! These have quickly become my new favorite pen!" —Lindsey Jane
Get them from Amazon for $13.88.
13. An adorable cruiser bicycle to help you get from A to B to study group as quickly as possible. You just spent a year not having to commute, so you might as well make it as short and sweet as possible.
Be sure to snag a bike lock while you're at it, those notorious bike thieves have no mercy!
Promising review: "Great bike for a great price! Bought this model for daughter going away to school. Perfect for campus travel. Would recommend to anyone looking for a leisure bike." —bandy mullins
Get it from Amazon for $230.57.
14. A Hydro Flask that you can easily toss in your bag as a reminder to stay on top of your daily hydration goals. It'll even keep your water *ice cold* for those classrooms that still don't have AC in 2021.
It also has a slip-free powder coating, so you'll never have to worry about the bottle sweating all over your desk or in your bag. You can deck it out with your fav stickers, too!
Promising review: "This is a great water bottle. I tested it by filling it with chilled water and taking it to the beach. It was a very hot day and the sun was beating down and the sand was hot. I had the bottle out the whole time on the sand for several hours and the water remained very cold. I've also kept it in a hot car running errands on a 90+ degree day and again, the water stays refreshingly cold. I bought a second Hydro Flask for my desk at work and the colors are so pretty. I bought one in mint and another in raspberry. Would also make a great gift. Highly recommend!" —AB
Get one from Amazon for $29.95+ (available in three sizes and 10 colors).
15. Or an insulated 20-ounce Yeti tumbler to keep your iced coffee *extra* cold on warm days and your hot coffee *extra* hot on cool days.
16. An unscented hand sanitizer mist that you can keep in your backpack and use in lecture or the library *without* making your presence known via some obnoxious scent.
17. A large waterproof backpack, because it's the perfect vessel for hauling your notebooks, textbooks, and laptop across campus — no matter how treacherous the weather.
Promising review: "Very pleased with this bag! Not only is it ACTUALLY WATERPROOF (the outside gets wet in rain and the inside stays completely dry) but it's a very high-quality bag! Super comfortable to wear, can hold water bottles in the pockets without the falling out, has a good amount of room and goes with almost any outfit I wear lol. The charging port comes with a cord so you can just plug in your portable charger and let it sit in the compartment in the bag and hook up your phone whenever you need. Definitely worth the money!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $38.99+ (available in ten colors and two sizes).
18. A 3-foot extension cord that you can keep in your backpack, because we all know the pain of trying to finish an assignment in class... only to realize you have 3% battery left and your laptop charger won't reach the nearest outlet. I promise, this lil' thing will save you more times than you could possibly expect.
19. Lastly, a set of Mack's silicone ear plugs, because you aren't going to let your neighbors' loud party stop you from getting the sleep you need the night before a big test. Welcome back to campus! 🙃
Promising review: "I really enjoy this product. I live in an apartment complex where the walls and flooring are thin and very noisy. My upstairs neighbors used to wake me up by just walking around in the morning. These work perfectly to cancel out the noise. The only draw back would be that it plugs your ears so well that there is a little pressure and suction from the plugs. Nothing uncomfortable." —Savannah
Reviews in this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.