Hairy Fig, Corn, And Apple Soup
Use red delicious apples, not regular fuji apples because fuji apples will melt and the soup will get sour. Red delicious apples won't.
1. Hairy Fig Stems 3 taels
2. Apples 2 pcs
3. Corn 2 ears
4. Prickly Water Lily 2 taels
5. Solomon's Seal 3 taels
6. Lily Bulbs (dried) 2 taels
7. Thin Yams 2 pcs
8. 250g Pork Lean
How to cook it:
1. Soak lily bulbs, prickly water lilies, and hairy fig stems in water for 15 minutes.
2. Cut the corn into inch pieces.
3. Peel apples and remove core. Must put in water until you use apples.
4. Slice Solomon's seal.
5. Cut yam into inch pieces.
6. Blanch pork in cold water.
7. Add all ingredients into hot water and put on high heat and cook for 10 minutes until it boils. Turn to low heat and cook for 2 hours and add salt for flavor