This post comes from our BuzzFeed Español team--the totally delicious recipes below are in Spanish.
1. Plantain lasagna, pure Caribbean tastiness.
2. This plantain hamburger will make you never want to eat bread again.
3. A one-bite plantain appetizer, ideal to impress your guests.
4. "Canoes" stuffed with ground beef, cheese and other delicious things.
Traditionally in this recipe the plantains are deep-fried, cut in half, stuffed with ground beef and put in the oven until the cheese is melted. However, if you want to reduce the calories, you can just bake them. For either method, here is the classic recipe.
5. An irresistible plantain ceviche.
6. Ripe plantain fritters, from Colombia to your kitchen.
This recipe is typical of Valle del Cauca, Colombia, and once you try it you'll want to make it even more often than Colombians do. Follow these steps and get ready to eat something that will change your existence.
7. Delicious plantain baskets with different fillings.
Fallen from heaven, directly to your plate. You can fill these baskets with your favorite fillings: guacamole, cheese, grains, or a delicious Venezuelan guasacaca (avocado salsa) like in this recipe.
8. Give your life some meaning with these plantain empanadas.
It's very normal that you desperately want to eat these. To make your dreams come true, here is a recipe that takes less than an hour to make.
9. Plantain cake with guava paste and cheese.
Love at first sight, and eternal love at first bite. Try this sweet, tender dish here. If you don't like guava, use Nutella; no one will complain.
10. Learn to make a classic Zulian patacón (plantain sandwich).
11. The open-face, Colombian version of fried plantains is just as tasty...and involves guacamole.
12. Try this unique plantain puree, called mangú.
13. Or how about mashed eggplant and plantain?
14. Ripe plantain and cheese cake.
This cake made with ripe plantains (maduros) is amazingly easy and delicious.You just take five bananas, boil them, mash them and then mix with cinnamon, brown sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla, mozzarella cheese and a little bit of milk. Then you bake it for 50 minutes — that's it, nothing more. Get the recipe here.
15. Shredded fried plantains, the ideal substitute for French fries.
What happens when you grate a plantain and fry it? Arañitas — which is what Puerto Ricans call this dish, seasoned with garlic and pepper. Get the recipe here.
16. Plantain rolls with ham and cheese.
Simple, delicious, and very cute, this snack's official name is piononos. To make, you slice the plantain thinly, roll it with a thin slice of ham and another one of cheese. Then you just put it in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Get the incredibly tasty recipe here.