Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Here's a video that shows you how to make it:
3 pounds beef chuck roast
⅓ cup flour
1 tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup red onion, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 carrot, diced,
3 garlic cloves, minced
28 ounces plum tomatoes, canned
2 cups red wine
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
1 bay leaf
½ tablespoon salt
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
2. Rub the flour mixture on the beef, making sure it is covered entirely.
3. Heat oil in large skillet. Sear the meat on every side until golden brown.
4. Transfer meat into slow cooker.
5. Add onion, celery, carrot, garlic, tomatoes, wine, herbs, bay leaf, and salt.
6. Cook on low for 8 hours.
7. Serve it with your favorite side dish and sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley.
Inspired by: http://www.thegunnysack.com/slow-cooker-italian-pot-roast/