APPLE PIE RING
2 green apples
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound puff pastry dough
4 tablespoons butter
1 egg, beaten
½ cup powdered sugar (garnish)
1. Thinly slice the apples. Toss with lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon and brown sugar. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425℉/220°C.
3. Roll out each sheet of puff pastry and cut into triangles.
4. Place a small bowl in the center of a large baking sheet. Arrange the puff pastry triangles (overlapping slightly) around the bowl, point sides facing out.
5. Arrange apple slices at the edges of the bowl. Fold the points of the triangles over the filling and tuck underneath, pressing the seal.
6. Brush with egg wash. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm.