GARLIC GRILLED STEAK
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 20-ounce steak
- 1 pound fresh broccolini
- In a large baking dish, combine brown sugar, olive oil, soy sauce, salt, and pepper for marinade.
- Mince the cloves of garlic and add those to the marinade.
- Place steak in dish and cover with Glad Press’n Seal.
- Toss steak in marinade and let rest for at least an hour or up to 12 hours.
- Heat a grill or cast iron pan over high heat. Add steak and let sear on each side for 3 minutes, or to desired doneness.
- Remove steak from pan and let rest for 5–10 minutes before slicing. Be sure to slice against the grain. (Reserve 2 ounces.)
- Lightly grill broccolini about 4–6 minutes. (Reserve one-third.)
- Serve with broccolini.
VIETNAMESE STEAK SALADServings: 8
- Half a head of napa cabbage
- 1 English cucumber
- 3 carrots
- 4 scallions
- Leftover garlic steak
- Leftover broccolini (chopped)
- 4 ounces cooked rice noodles
- 1 cup mixed chopped herbs (basil, cilantro, mint)
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- Juice of 3 limes
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- Prepare salad: Remove core from the napa cabbage leaves, then slice into thin strips. Slice cucumber in half and scrape out seeds with a spoon. Slice each cucumber slice into thin half-moons. Peel the carrots, then keep using the peeler to peel off thin carrot strips. Slice the scallions on the bias.
- Toss the vegetables (including leftover broccolini) together with the steak, rice noodles, and herbs in a big bowl.
- Make dressing: Whisk together all ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well. Drizzle with Sriracha and serve!