BANANA CUSTARDSERVES 8–10
- 1 banana, very ripe
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Blend ripe banana and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat milk over medium heat in saucepan until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat.
- Crack eggs in a large glass bowl and blend with a hand mixer until frothy.
- Mix sugar, flour, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add mix to the eggs and beat until thick.
- Slowly stir half a cup of the hot milk into the egg mixture and stir until eggs are tempered, then add the rest of the milk.
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water and place the bowl on top of the saucepan. Bring water to a boil and then reduce to low.
- Cook for 25–30 minutes, or until desired thickness, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and incorporate vanilla extract and banana puree.
- Cover with Glad® Press’n Seal® and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!
BANANA BERRY TARTS
- ⅓ cup banana custard (see recipe above)
- ⅓ cup cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup fresh berries of your choice
- 1 package puff pastry
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Combine custard with softened cream cheese beat until smooth and creamy. Add egg yolk and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut puff pastry into various shapes and fill the centers with custard/cream cheese mixture. Add fresh berries.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400˚F for 15–20 minutes or until browned.
- Make glaze by mixing powdered sugar and cream.
- Let pastries cool and drizzle with glaze.
- Enjoy now, or wrap in Glad® Press’n Seal® to save for tomorrow's breakfast!