31 Shoes You'll Wear On Repeat That'll Basically Pay For Themselves
Stylish sneakers, comfy slip-on sandals, and more great footwear you'll wear on repeat and not regret buying.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A pair of Puma sneakers that'll be your fave everyday shoe. Love athleisure? Pair them with joggers and a hoodie. More about a casual look? Style them with jeans and a tee. Plus, they have a SoftFoam+ sockliner to keep your heels and toes comfy for hours on end.
Promising review: "I wanted a new pair of 'go with everything' plain white sneakers and these definitely are a fantastic choice. The insole is super comfortable and cushioned. They are comfortable right out of the box, no need to break them in. These sneakers look super cute with leggings, jeans, shorts, skirts, etc." —Lee
Get them from Amazon for $39.98+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and in 11 colors).
2. Birkenstock slides to make you think, "where have you been all my life?" because they're so comfy and go with everything. Reviewers swear by these gems that have a lightweight design, adjustable straps, and a footbed that gives your feet a gentle hug.
Promising review: "I’ve always wanted the Arizona-style Birkenstocks, but wanted a fun color other than the classic brown that everyone else has. They are of course so comfortable, true to size, and go with everything." —Free People Customer
Get them from Free People for $125 (available in sizes 5–10.5 and four colors).
3. Ankle rain boots that'll actually keep your feet dry, prevent you from slipping on muddy areas, and double as a chic footwear option on drizzly days throughout the year.
Promising review: "These boots are amazing. I live in Vermont and wear them to work for three seasons: fall, winter, and mud season ('spring'). With thick socks they can be warm in the cold, and with light socks they are comfy in warmer temperatures. I work on a college campus and walk a ton, and they have held up for a full year as my primary work shoes during these seasons. You can literally submerge your foot in water while wearing them and nothing leaks in." —Michael Robinette
Get them from Amazon for $32.99 (available in sizes 4–12 and in 12 colors).
4. Vegan oxfords perfect for the office or working from home. Each pair is handcrafted in Mexico and comes in a neutral shade that'll look lovely with long-sleeve blouses, blazers, and suit pants.
Kallie & Co is a woman-owned business specializing in fair trade, vegan footwear. From flats to oxfords, you'll find lots of gorgeous handcrafted shoes for your wardrobe.
Promising review: "I absolutely love the way they feel and look. Being vegan and fair trade makes them that much better. Plus, good pricing!" —Isabella B.
Get them from Kallie & Co for $67.99 (available in sizes 5–10.5).
5. Comfy pumps you'll thank yourself for buying if you have a bunch of formal events to attend. They have a low heel and cover your toes, making them perfect for a birthday dinner or wedding. You can finally walk around a venue and hit up the dance floor without saying "OWW" under your breath.
Promising review: "Super duper cute heels. I wore these for my wedding. I could not find a pair of shoes that looked good with my outfit *and* were comfortable enough to wear all afternoon/evening. I took a chance on these and they arrived just in time two days before the wedding. They fit perfectly, and because of the sturdy heel and ankle strap they were comfortable and easy to walk in. I wore them through the outdoor ceremony and photos, dinner and dancing, and then out to drinks afterwards and my feet did not complain." —Geneva Thompson
Get them from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in sizes 5–11 and in 24 colors).
6. Everyday boots for commuting, lounging, and everything in between. With cushy insoles, a waterproof upper, and a soft lining, you'll be ~walking on sunshine~ no matter what season it is.
Promising review: "Beautiful boots and comfortable right out of the box. They fit true to size. Like most of my Nisolo boots, I wore them around the house with thick socks for a couple of hours to get them a little softer. This pair was so comfortable that I quickly forgot I was wearing new boots! I like the casual look of the lighter grained sole of these and the rubber anti-skid sole will be great in the winter months. They are perfect casual boot. I’m a huge fan of Nisolo shoes for look, quality and sustainability practices and they’ve once again impressed me with these." —Nisolo Customer
Get them from Nisolo for $200 (available in sizes 5–11 and in six colors).
7. Slip-on sneakers because they'll ensure comfort if you're on your feet for a longggg time. They have amazing cushioning, a lace-free design, and come in so many colors that'll match everything in your wardrobe.
Promising review: "I got these shoes and liked them even more than I thought I would. The print is good, the fabric is soft, but even better, the insoles are way more comfortable than I thought they would be. They're the most comfortable shoes I've ever bought. It's like walking on a cloud and my heels never hurt when wearing these, unlike all other shoes. They're a good fit, they look cute with denim, they're really comfortable, and the price is pretty fair for the quality. I love these shoes and will likely buy more in this style." —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $27.98+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and in nine colors).
8. Ballet flats that are ~anything but basic~ when it comes to functionality: a no-slip fit and microfiber lining will leave your feet less achy *and* sweaty. And, you don't have to put a whole lot of effort into creating outfits, because they'll work with everyday staples.
Promising review: "These shoes are pretty much the fanciest ones I've worn since the pandemic started — I'm usually in slippers, flip flops, or sneakers. And I have to say, these are just as comfy as any of those. I've probably owned 50 pairs of ballet flats over the years, and I'd rank these right up there with shoes that cost three or four times as much. They fit perfectly (I love that they come in wide!) and are so comfortable to wear, even if you're doing lots of walking. I'm so glad I bought multiple colors and will probably buy more!" —CaliGirl89
Get them from Amazon for $28.34 (available in sizes 5–15, two widths, and 34 colors).
9. Or Mary Jane flats so timeless, gorgeous, and splurge-worthy for your closet. If you want to ~dress to the nines~ for a special occasion, these gems will work with dresses, skirts, and sleek pants.
Zou Xou is Black woman-owned brand based in New York City. They're known for their stylish footwear that's handmade by shoemakers in Argentina. You'll find everything from booties to open mules that'll upgrade your outfits.
10. Block heel sandals that are the perfect hybrid between casual and dressy. Whether you're wearing distressed jeans or an a-line dress, they'll add the final touch to your complete head-to-toe look. Plus they're not that tall, so you can easily get from point A to point B sans discomfort.
Promising review: "These are basically my everyday shoes. I wear them in the office and I wear them out and about. I went out with my friends one night and danced for six hours. My feet were sore by the end of the night but I was able to still walk without taking them off. They're comfortable and look nice. I get compliments on them all the time. Goes with almost all of my outfits." —Quyen
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes 5–10 and in seven colors).
11. Kenneth Cole Chelsea boots you'll adore if you despise zippered shoes. You can slip in and out of them with ease (#win) and it's available in several neutral tones, like black, gray, and brown, so you never have to spend hours in front of the mirror trying to decide what shoe to wear with your OOTD.
Promising review: "Love these boots! They're elegant and perfect for everyday wear or business casual for the office. It's hard to find affordable leather boots that go above the ankle and are so attractive." —Carol L Lindsey
Get it from Amazon for $82.99+ (available in sizes 5–11 and in five styles).
12. Or square-toe boots to spice up whatever blouse and skirt *or* jeans and sweater combo that you're wearing. If you want a little more height without an uncomfortable heel, these shoes will get the job done.
Promising review: "Very comfy and great-looking boots! Just like the picture. The heel height makes me taller but isn’t too steep to walk naturally in. Zipper is smooth to pull up and it stays up and doesn’t creep down over time. Overall very happy with this purchase." —Rebecca Henry
Get it from Amazon for $69.90+ (available in sizes 5–13 and in three colors).
13. Platform sandals, so you can take your daily look to ~new heights~ without compromising comfort. Reviewers are are raving about these shoes' platform bed and love wearing them when the weather warms up. Plus, you'll get to dress up denim, rompers, and breezy pants with something new.
Promising review: "These shoes are absolutely amazing! They're perfect for spring and summer weather. So unbelievably comfortable, you'll never want to take them off. Seriously, I'm about to buy all of the colors so I can just wear these shoes!" —Morgan
Get them from Amazon for $30.47+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and in 61 colors).
14. A pair of athletic sneakers that are lace-free and feel like a soft cocoon around your heels and toes. Just ~slip~ them on whenever you're hitting up the treadmill, lifting weights, or taking a quick walk around your neighborhood.
Promising review: "I'm not even a sneaker person, but I bought these to use on my treadmill and I *love* 'em! From day one they have been so comfortable while I get my 5-mile walk in. I bought them a half size bigger on purpose for added comfort and they wash well. I highly recommend them and I will likely buy a second pair to have as a back up." —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in sizes 5–13 and in 18 colors).
15. Lace-up loafers you won't want to pass up on, because they're basically a slipper in shoe form. Your feet will be in heaven, because these babies have a flexible shape, a rounded toe area, and elastic laces. If you're still not convinced, just peep at the 2,000+ positive reviews to see why these shoes are essential for your closet.
Promising review: "I love how comfy and lightweight they are. I got the silver/grey and they can match almost every outfit. I wear them everyday and will buy more when they’re destroyed but they’ve held up well so far with everyday wear and tear (water/mud come out if you throw them in the wash)." —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $54.95+ (available in sizes 5–12 and in 25 styles).
16. Wide-calf riding boots that'll keep you warm and complete your cold weather uniform if you live in a chillier part of the country. They have faux fur lining (so long, cold feet) and a stylish quilted design that'll be great for cozy leggings or fleece tights with a skirt.
Promising review: "As a gal with big calves, it’s extremely hard to find tall, attractive boots that zip up. My calf circumference is between 16.5” - 17”, and these boots are actually loose enough to fit thick socks comfortably, while still having space enough to fit my hand. I was surprised that they didn’t slouch down from being so loose, to be honest. Despite being what I’d call a ‘fashion boot’, the soles are really sturdy and have held up in snow, mud, and more without any damage (and my feet have stayed nice and dry)!" —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $46.99+ (available in sizes 5–12 and in 27 colors).
17. Or chunky over-the-knee lace-up boots to wear if you'd like to add a little more height to any stylish outfit. All you need are a chunky sweater and a pair of faux-leather leggings to complete the look.
Promising review: "These heels are a STATEMENT PIECE, y'all. I wore these for an entire day while walking around Boston in the rain and they held up wonderfully. My knees started to ache by the end of the day because I had been heel striking (aka walking like I was fly) but my feet weren't sore, which surprised me. The laces are functional, so the calf width is totally adjustable. I sized up and I think there's enough wiggle room for some real socks for when it's cold. I'm 5'8'' and they came just above my knees, which is amazing as a tall girl! Buy these!!!" —Arielle Cason
Get it from Amazon for $44.62+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and in 12 colors).
18. A pair of huarache sandals perfect for days when it's not too hot or too cold outside: they're made with a comfy leather material and go with so many wardrobe items (denim, dresses, skirts, and more).
Macarena Collection is a California-based Etsy shop that sells embroidered apparel and handmade Mexican shoes.
Promising review: "I'm so thrilled with my purchase! My huaraches arrived quickly and are super cute and comfy! I was surprised with how comfortable they are, I didn't have to break them in at all. Great craftsmanship. Overall, beautiful sandals at a great price!" —Etsy Customer
19. Platform sneakers to help you nail the athleisure look while you step foot outdoors and run errands. They give you great cushioning and add a sporty touch to your denim or loungewear.
Promising review: "I've never been much of a sneaker person except for when working out, but I've seen this style all over social media and I really liked them. I waited months before finally ordering these and now I'm kicking myself for doing so! They are not gym shoes, but rather trendy athleisure shoes, and I'm all about comfy and cute." —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and in 21 colors).