We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A rib-knit skirt you can wear with a plethora of tops and comfortably walk in. It hits your natural waist, is made with a stretchy fabric, and has a back slit that won't feel tight around the back of your legs.
Another great feature of this skirt is that you can wear it high or low. It can be easily adjusted to hit above your knees or go to your calves depending on what outfit you're wearing.
Promising review: "Love this skirt so much, I bought it in four colors. All are true to the photo. The slit is perfect, making it easy to walk, but not too high. I wear the slit in the back. On one of the skirts the tag was on the wrong side and the other three it was where the slit was, so I know you can wear it either way. The material is the perfect thickness for all year and is not see-through. These are a great staple to have." —Lauren Winn
Get it from Amazon for $26 (available in sizes XS–XL and in 24 colors).
2. A bodycon dress that's like an LBD with a twist: it has pretty pearl-embellished sleeves and an elegant design. You won't have to stand in front of the closet for hours, because you'll already have something stylish to put on for your next fancy occasion.
Promising review: "If you have a dressy occasion to attend and want something nice to wear but nothing too expensive? Then get this dress; it comes in various colors and is very attractive on. I get many compliments when wearing. Love it and you will too." —Rhondalyn McDow
Get it from Amazon for $47.99 (available in sizes L–5XL and in 14 colors).
3. A pair of high-waisted flare pants you'll want to wear all the time. With a stretchy material, slightly flared shape, and so many color options, these bottoms will replace your old college sweatpants when you want to run errands and lounge on the same day.
Promising review: "I've now ordered five pairs of these in different designs and may order more. I've loved every pair. They are so soft, as comfortable as leggings, but look dressier. The length and the flare of these is perfect for me. Currently my favorite pants in my closet." —A.S.
Get them from Amazon for $18.99 (available in sizes S–XXL and in 16 colors).
4. A blazer so versatile and structured, you'll be reaching for it when you're getting ready for weekend brunch, a work call, or a night out. Camis, blouses, and even tees will work great under this classic wardrobe essential.
Promising review: "Love everything about this jacket. Stylish, can dress up or down, lightweight, and can be worn in the summer or winter. Fit is great! Was afraid it would be too short in the sleeves since I have long arms, but it fit great! I also rolled the sleeves up slightly one day for a more casual look." —catlvr
Get it from Amazon for $47.99 (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 18 colors).
5. A green bodysuit that'll be an easy, chic option when you don't have a top to pair with high-rise jeans or pants. It has comfy ruched material and long sleeves, plus a gorgeous olive shade that'll work for basically every season.
6. A velvet tank you'll wanna dress up (or down) because it'll go with so many items in your closet. Layer it under your favorite blazer or faux leather jacket or wear it solo with pair of high-rise jeans.
Promising review: "I bought this tank in two colors and I’m considering buying more! The fit is a little loose in the chest, and I’m not small-chested, so I’ll probably get the next size down next time. The colors are beautiful and the shirt is so soft! They are perfect for layering under a casual blazer or jacket, and could be dressed up or down easily." —Emma Harper
Get it from Amazon for $16.99 (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 17 colors).
7. A pair of baggy overalls for times when you want to wear a T-shirt with something that doesn't require zippers (looking at you, jeans!). This jumper will make getting dressed a breeze, because, all you need is a top to layer underneath. Plus, it has roomy pockets!
Promising review: "As a mom of two, I can appreciate a good, comfortable, practical, and adorable closet staple! I absolutely love these overalls! Deep pockets??? What?! I can fit my phone, my keys…practical and cute as heck. DO NOT DRY. They need to be line dried and steamed to get the wrinkles out but totally worth the extra effort 💗" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $23.99 (available in sizes S–3XL and in 12 colors).
8. A smocked flare dress you'll want to twirl in on repeat, because it's so airy, lightweight, and comfy enough to wear all day long. Slip into this pretty staple to switch up your look with something that's not just a top and pants.
Promising review: "I bought this dress mainly because I loved the color, but I also wanted something cute that I could wear with my growing bump. I absolutely love this dress. There is a lot of stretch in the chest area, so you don't feel constricted. I love the fact that there aren't zippers and it easily fits me. The rest of the dress has a nice flow to it. It is loose, but not with a stretchy feel to it. The color is really beautiful and I would get it in a different color." —Sallie Singleton
Get it from Amazon for $37.99 (available in sizes XS–XXL and in eight colors/prints).
9. Or a cutout maxi dress if you want to take the floral look to new heights and dress in something chic for your next vacay or lunch date. It's made with a breezy material (goodbye, sweating), has a comfy elastic waist, and a cool pattern that'll work with so many heels and sandals!
10. An oversized houndstooth knitted sweater-vest that gives major "I'm sitting in a cozy coffee shop corner and drinking a latte" vibes. This wardrobe staple will pair so well with a button-down shirt or a semi-sheer blouse.
Promising review: "I love this vest! It gives me a total vintage look. The sweater itself is already oversized, but I wanted a looser fit, so I went a size bigger, and I am happy with how it fits. Shipping did take longer, but it was very clear at the time of purchase the expected arrival date, so that wasn’t a surprise. I'm really thinking of getting more colors!" —Levi
Get it from Amazon for $30.99 (available in sizes S–L and in 17 colors).
11. An oversized denim jacket you'll love for layering: whether you're feeling a tee and jeans look *or* a tucked in cami and faux leather skirt outfit, it'll keep you warm and comfy on the go.
Promising Review: "This jacket is the staple to any outfit. It’s distressed and trendy. It’s actually really warm and heavy for the price. The quality is unreal! Overall, I would recommend this jacket to anyone who wants a trendy, oversized look. I wear it on top of my outfits when I go out or if it’s a little chilly and I’m dressing up." —Jennifer A.
Get it from Amazon for $39.99 (available in sizes S–XL and in three colors).
12. An off-the-shoulder peplum top so you can upgrade your favorite pair of denim or skinny trousers with a wowworthy but not-too-out-there black blouse. It has an adjustable belt that'll highlight your waist and a beautiful ruffle design. 😍
Promising review: "It's the perfect off-the-shoulder shirt that can be worn during the day or evening. Paired with your favorite jeans or pants, you will be an instant hit. I normally wear an XL shirt and this fit me perfectly. I ordered an XL." —Kindle Customer—Love is strong
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes L–4XL Plus and in six colors).
13. A leopard-print dress to add to your closet rotation ASAP. It can be worn all-year round (yes, I REPEAT all-year round) and pairs with multiple types of footwear, including knee-high boots, heels, and flats.
Promising review: "I love this dress. I usually wear a medium but sometimes in different styles, I can go up to a large so I bought a large and fits perfect. It’s stylish and yet comfortable. The material is just right, not too thick and not too thin. I like the lantern sleeves as they add a nice style. I got lots of compliments." –ces reichert
Get it from Amazon for $28.04+ (available in sizes S–XL and in four colors).
14. Or this leopard-print maxi if you'd like to rock a similar look and have roomy pockets that'll fit all the important stuff, aka your phone, keys, and wallet.
Promising review: "Leopard print is all the rage again and I’m loving it! This dress gives me such confidence and is lightweight enough to wear in the 80s but also comfortable enough to wear in the lower temps also. The fit was right on point for my larger, curvy, plus-size body! One of the best features is that this dress has pockets and is super comfortable. I want this dress in every color and pattern!" —Chrissy Meijer
Get it from Amazon for $35.99 (available in plus sizes 14–26, as well as in 24 other colors/prints).
15. A pair of joggers that'll be a sweet swap for your go-to pair of jeans or leggings because they're comfy, cute, and complete any cozy top (hoodies, sweatshirts, crop tops, you name it).
BuzzFeed writer Britt Ross loves these joggers and said: "I recently joined the 21st century and got my first pair of joggers (!), and they're this exact pair. They're comfy enough to wear as pajamas or around the house when I'm feeling lazy, but cute enough for me to wear out without feeling self-conscious about looking like someone who couldn't be bothered to look presentable. In fact, I even wore them on Thanksgiving last year (a drawstring waist = you can chow down and still be comfortable) and no one was the wiser. PS: They come with super-roomy pockets. 🙌"
Promising review: "The most comfortable pants EVER. I adore these pants! I was worried they'd be too long on me (most pants usually are) but they fit just right. Love the stretchy waistband and how I can wear them while being cozy at home or run errands while looking semi-human. :)" —Miriam S.
Get it from Third Love for $27 (originally $55; available in sizes XS–3X and in three colors).
16. A crop top you'll probably wear on repeat because you can put together so many outfits with it. Midi skirts, high-rise shorts and jeans, you name it, the style possibilities are endless!
Promising review: "Perfect fit and great quality! Purchased last minute for a costume but love it so much I’ll def be wearing it as a regular piece in my wardrobe. This fit great and was the perfect crop top length. Material is also super soft and stretchy." —LK
Get it from Amazon for $16.99 (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 34 colors).
17. A wrap knit sweater dress because it's versatile enough to wear to the office or a casual day out. With a wrap waist, pull on design, and sweater fabric, you'll be good to go. (Don't forget sheer tights and some booties to match!)
Promising Review: "This dress is everything. Definitely a wear off the shoulder dress but you can wear it normal if that's not your thing. The fabric is wonderful. I got a medium and it fits perfect. The dress comes just above my knees but with the fabric I can make it shorter if I want. For the price this is a must buy. You will not be disappointed!" —Nicole
Get it from Amazon from $41.99 (available in sizes S–XL and in 13 colors).
18. A pretty floral jumpsuit for spring and beyond: it's breezy, fashionable, and takes the stress out of getting dressed for warmer weather. (Tip: you may want to style it with a pair of gold hoops and block heel sandals, as shown on the model below.)
19. Or a short-sleeve jumpsuit with a wide-leg silhouette, soft sleeves, and an adjustable belt. The best part? You'll have something elegant (and comfy) to wear when you get invited to a birthday dinner or bridal shower.
Promising review: "I was very apprehensive about buying this, but was pleasantly surprised at how sheek and stylish it is! Fits as expected, the top part hung a little loose of the shoulders but still looked great. Paired with a great pair of heels, it had a very elegant look. I had many compliments on it!" —Jana Haven
Get it from Amazon for $33.10+ (available in sizes S–3XL and in 15 colors).
20. A chunky knit cardigan that'll be the coziest cocoon and match whatever jeans or leggings you're wearing. It also comes in a bunch of colors, so you'll have outfit options when it's time to get dressed.
21. A button-down blouse because you need a classic piece that'll pair perfectly with everything in your wardrobe. The beauty of this essential is that you can wear it under lots of blazers, tuck it into pants and shorts, *and* wear it over a casual dress.
22. A flared skirt that'll be casual and cute for weekend festivities and vacations. You can just pull it on (no buttoning required) and it has an elastic waist for all-day comfort. Oh, and let's not forget about all the colors it's available in!
Promising review: "I can’t say anything negative about this skirt. I got this to wear to Disney and it was literally perfection! Wasn’t too short, wasn’t too long, I've struggled with length being only 5'3" LOL. I got so many compliments and took the cutest pictures! I was so happy. So, get this skirt you won’t regret it. ❤️" —Joshua & Jessie
Get it from Amazon for $15.85 (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 40 colors).
23. A faux-leather moto jacket, because with it, you can style a whole lot of looks from season to season. Dresses? Check. Flannels? Check. Sweaters? Check. It even steps up the most basic pieces of clothing, including graphic tees and tanks.
Promising review: "This jacket is such a staple! Looks way more expensive than it is!! Bought a large so I could wear a hoodie underneath. I recommend if you wear oversized hoodies and want this jacket to fit you might want to get an XL just for the arms!! All in all awesome." —Alexis Jetland
Get it from Amazon for $39.98+ (available in sizes S–XL and in seven colors).