1. Air shows are like the Fashion Week for planes. Aviation enthusiasts gather to look at the latest technology and see flight demonstrations from new aircrafts.
Over 10-12 million people per year attend air shows. That’s a lot of airplane fans.
2. Take for example the Airbus A380, the world’s largest passenger jetliner.
This double decker plane can hold up to 853 passengers.
4. Be amazed at Boeing 747-8, the longest aircraft in the world.
It’s also the heaviest aircraft manufactured in the United States, weighing at 975,000 pounds max.
5. Take a good look at the Airbus A400M Atlas, a propeller-powered military aircraft.
It cost approximately 136 million Euros to make.
6. Explore the Airbus A320.
It’s the fastest-selling jet airliner in the world.
8. Get a look at the CH-53 Sea Stallion helicopter.
It was originally developed for the U.S. Marine Corps, and is now in use in Germany, Iran, Israel, and Mexico.
9. See a Sikorsky S-70i Black Hawk helicopter in action!
It’s main use is for U.S. Customs and Border Protection. In Hong Kong, they use this model for Government transportation.
10. Check out the Elektra One hybrid solar electric airplane.
It’s the world’s first airplane to complete an international flight using only solar power, and can fly 600 miles on a single charge!
11. And you can’t have an air show without some snazzy aircraft stunts.
Let’s take a look at some of the tricks you can see.
12. The aerobatic tricks solidify how advanced jet technology is.
And the colored smoke helps observers see the flight path taken in the air!
13. There are 5 basic aerobatic maneuvers at air shows.
Lines, Loops, Rolls, Spins, and Hammerheads.