We recently asked teachers of the BuzzFeed Community for advice they would give to new teachers. Here's what they said...
1. Not everything needs a grade.
2. Befriend the support staff.
3. Give yourself a break!
4. It’s okay to cry.
5. Don’t feel like you have to reinvent the wheel.
6. Honesty is the best policy.
7. Your students will not always like you, and that’s okay.
8. Follow the “Golden Rule.”
9. A little food can go a long way.
10. Remember that you make a difference!
Note: Submissions have been edited for length, grammar, and/or clarity.