DIY Etched Glassware in 15 Minutes or Less
Glassware for etching
Sticky Foam paper or sticky contact paper (for custom stencils)
*Wear latex gloves to protect your skin from the etching cream, avoid getting it onto skin or in your eyes.
1. Take the glassware you want to etch and thoroughly clean the surface you plan on etching with isopropyl alcohol.
2. Once clean, place the stencils you want to etch onto the surface and adhere it so it doesn’t move.
3. Next, cover all parts of the glass you do not want to etch with painters tape.
4. Using the painting sponge, dab and brush the etching cream thickly over the stencil and let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Rinse off the etching cream with warm water after the 5 minutes are up. Remove the tape and stencil.
6. The etching should be permanent and dishwasher safe!