Activists of Ukrainian women’s movement Femen attack the Euro 2012 tournament trophy during its display in Ukrainian city of Dnipropetrovsk on May 21, 2012. Along with tournament co-hosts Poland and Ukraine, European soccer’s governing body has organized a five-week trophy tour in cities across the two countries.
3. And Here’s Femen’s First Attempt To Snag The Trophy A Few Weeks Ago
Security guards rush to detain an activist from women’s rights organization Femen as she attempts to steal the Euro 2012 trophy during its unveiling in Kiev, Ukraine, May 12, 2012. The activist was protesting against prostitution during the upcoming UEFA Euro 2012 soccer tournament. Kiev is set to host the final match of the Euro 2012 soccer tournament.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰