Activists of Ukrainian women’s movement Femen attack the Euro 2012 tournament trophy during its display in Ukrainian city of Dnipropetrovsk on May 21, 2012. Along with tournament co-hosts Poland and Ukraine, European soccer’s governing body has organized a five-week trophy tour in cities across the two countries.
3. And Here’s Femen’s First Attempt To Snag The Trophy A Few Weeks Ago
Security guards rush to detain an activist from women’s rights organization Femen as she attempts to steal the Euro 2012 trophy during its unveiling in Kiev, Ukraine, May 12, 2012. The activist was protesting against prostitution during the upcoming UEFA Euro 2012 soccer tournament. Kiev is set to host the final match of the Euro 2012 soccer tournament.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force President Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website 👏