This Tuesday, April 10, 2012, photo shows a litter of six puppies, and their mother, an English bulldog mix, at the Toledo Area Humane Society in Maumee, Ohio.
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Investigators say a man who tried to abandon six puppies by zipping them inside a suitcase and leaving it outside an Ohio business was charged after authorities found he’d left the luggage tag with his contact information attached.
A Toledo Area Humane Society officer filed two counts of abandonment Tuesday against the Toledo man. He’s accused of leaving the canvas bag of puppies and their mother next to a trash bin behind a city business. Authorities say he was moving and had tried to sell the puppies
The Blade newspaper reports the Lucas County Dog Warden’s office on April 4 picked up the bag of six puppies and their mother, an English bulldog mix.
Passers-by had found the bag and released the animals to wait for the warden’s office.
3. But, To Reiterate, The Puppies Are Safe. Which Puppies? These Puppies.
- The controversial HB2 "bathroom law" in North Carolina is on the cusp of being repealed, but LGBT activists say the repeal bill still allows discrimination.
- Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner was spotted meeting with top senators on criminal justice reform.
- Trump's first meeting with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping will take place at the president's Mar-A-Lago resort in Florida April 6 and 7.
- The trailer for the new film version of Stephen King's "It" has dropped and the general consensus is that it will make you defecate your pants 🤡