This Tuesday, April 10, 2012, photo shows a litter of six puppies, and their mother, an English bulldog mix, at the Toledo Area Humane Society in Maumee, Ohio.
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Investigators say a man who tried to abandon six puppies by zipping them inside a suitcase and leaving it outside an Ohio business was charged after authorities found he’d left the luggage tag with his contact information attached.
A Toledo Area Humane Society officer filed two counts of abandonment Tuesday against the Toledo man. He’s accused of leaving the canvas bag of puppies and their mother next to a trash bin behind a city business. Authorities say he was moving and had tried to sell the puppies
The Blade newspaper reports the Lucas County Dog Warden’s office on April 4 picked up the bag of six puppies and their mother, an English bulldog mix.
Passers-by had found the bag and released the animals to wait for the warden’s office.
3. But, To Reiterate, The Puppies Are Safe. Which Puppies? These Puppies.
- The public's mistrust of Trump might be especially dangerous in a catastrophe rooted in science — like an asteroid, volcanic eruption, or the next Ebola.
- Thousands of people hit the streets on Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.