According to this Quora thread, you may be underestimating your body’s power to heal itself! These tips could help you exist to your full potential.
5. “Clear a stuffed nose or relieve sinus pressure by pushing your tongue against the roof of your mouth then pressing a finger between your eyebrows.”
“This causes the vomer bone to rock, which loosens your congestion and clears you up. After 20 seconds, you’ll feel your sinuses start to drain.”
6. “If you ate a big meal and you’re feeling full as you go to sleep, lay on your left side.”
“That’ll keep you from suffering from acid reflux it keeps your stomach lower than your oesophagus which will help keep stomach acid from sliding up your throat. Studies have shown that patients who sleep on their left sides are less likely to suffer from acid reflux. The oesophagus and stomach connect at an angle. When you sleep on your right, the stomach is higher than the oesophagus allowing food and stomach acid to slide up your throat.
Remember, it is not advisable for you to go to bed immediately after eating. Wait for 2 to 3 hours.”
8. “If you get all messed up on liquor, and the room starts spinning, put your hand on something stable.”
“The reason: Alcohol dilutes the blood in the part of your ear called the cupula, which regulates balance. Putting your hand on something stable gives your brain another reference point. The tactile input from a stable object gives the brain a second opinion, and you feel more in balance. Because the nerves in the hand are so sensitive, this works better than the conventional foot-on-the-floor wisdom.”
10. “You can prevent brain freeze by pressing your tongue flat against the roof of your mouth, covering as much surface area as possible.”
“Brain freeze happens because the nerves in the roof of your mouth get extremely cold, so your brain thinks your whole body is cold. It compensates by overheating which causes your head to hurt. By warming up the roof of your mouth, you’ll chill your brain and feel better.”
11. “Force yourself to work out for just five minutes everyday.”
“No matter how bad you feel, promise yourself to go to the gym, but you only have to work out for five minutes. If you are really miserable after those five minutes, let yourself leave. Usually, once you start moving, you’ll want to keep moving.”
- It's Day 2 of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Here's what you need to know.