Bacon Cheddar Jalapeño Biscuits
¼ cup chopped FRENCH’S CRISPY JALAPEÑOS, divided
¾ cup shredded cheese, divided
¼ cup finely chopped crispy bacon
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
2½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) chilled unsalted butter, grated
¾ cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine dry ingredients. Grate butter on a box grater and and combine with dry ingredients.
3. Place FRENCH’S CRISPY JALAPEÑOS in food processor and pulse until they reach a large sand-like texture.
4. Add bacon, ½ cup of cheese , ¼ cup jalapeños, and buttermilk. Stir to combine and turn onto a floured board. Lightly dust with flour and knead 5–6 times, then begin to fold dough onto itself to create layers, do this about 3 times. Use a rolling pin to roll dough to a rectangle (about 6/8”) and use a small 1½–inch ring to cut biscuits.
5. Bake about 12 minutes or until risen but not browned on top.
6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup of shredded cheese, then top each biscuit with remaining ¼ cup ground FRENCH’S CRISPY JALAPEÑOS.
7. Continue baking until biscuits are browned and cheese is melted (about 5–6 more minutes).