Slow Cooker Brisket Queso
¼ cup olive oil
1¼ cup Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, divided into ½ and ¾ cup
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
3 cloves (1 tablespoon) chopped garlic
1 teaspoon oregano
3-4 pounds brisket
8 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 cups half and half
¾ cup sour cream
¼ cup chopped red peppers
¼ cup chopped scallions
1. In a large plastic storage bag, place the brisket, ¾ cup of Frank’s RedHot, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and garlic.
2. Seal bag and shake to completely cover the brisket in the sauce.
3. Refrigerate and allow to marinate overnight.
4. Place brisket and marinade in slow cooker and cook 6-8 hours on high or until meat is fork tender and falling apart.
5. Let rest. Chop and set aside.
6. Clean the slow cooker. Add Monterey Jack cheese, cheddar cheese, and cornstarch and mix well.
7. Set slow cooker to high and allow cheese to melt (about 30 minutes), stirring occasionally.
8. Add half and half in increments (about 1 cup at a time) and incorporate into cheese, allowing time to blend/heat.
9. Continue until all half and half is blended, then add sour cream and stir until all is combined.
10. Set slow cooker to low/warm and add remaining brisket and ½ cup Frank’s RedHot and incorporate.
11. Garnish with red peppers, scallions, and a drizzle of Frank’s RedHot.
12. Serve with tortillas and chips and enjoy!