3. This is Victor. There were about 18 puppet versions of him made for the stop-motion filming.
Victor’s the main character of the movie (voiced by Charlie Tahan). He may be only 10 years old, but he is intelligent and very interested in science. He loves his dog, Sparky, very much.
5. This guy is Edgar. He’s a play off of Frankenstein’s Igor.
(Voiced by Atticus Shaffer) He’s kinda of a needy, misfit kid. He desperately wants to be Victor’s partner for the science fair, but he often says the wrong thing at the wrong time. And that gets him into a lot of trouble!
6. This is Weird Girl. She is voiced by Catherine O’Hara, who worked with Tim Burton in “Beetlejuice.”
Weird girl is, well, weird. She doesn’t fit in with the other kids in school, and she kind of has a secret crush on Victor. You will always see her with her cat, Mr. Whiskers. (They both have the same unblinking gaze.)
8. Victor’s neighbor is Elsa. She’s voiced by Winona Ryder. “Frankenweenie” is Ryder’s 3rd collaboration with Tim Burton. The last time they worked togeher was 21 years ago for “Edward Scissorhands.”
Elsa lives with her tyrant uncle, Mayor Burgemeister. He forces her every year to be the “Little Dutch Girl” for the town’s celebration of Dutch Day.
11. Another classmate is Nassor.
(Voiced by Martin Short) Nassor is a highly intelligent, serious, and intense boy! He has a very dark view on life. After he hears about Victor’s experiments with electricity, Nassor goes on a quest to obtain his secrets.
15. The motion picture soundtrack is, of course, by Danny Elfman.
On the soundtrack album, Frankenweenie: Unleashed, there will be music from Karen O, Neon Trees, Mark Foster, Passion Pit, Plain White T’s, Kimbra, The Flaming Lips, and others.