1. When the family favorite got an A on a test, and your parents were like:
But when YOU got an A on a test, your parents were like:
2. When you're introduced as "_____'s brother" when your sibling isn't even there:
3. When they get a cool family nickname like "Ace," and you're still called "Pukulele" because of that one time you barfed in the family van:
4. When the golden child is up to their usual shenanigans, and you're like:
But your family's like:
5. When everyone treats golden child's abstract gibberish like it's gospel:
6. When your parents are all, "We don't haaaaave a favorite":
7. When people assume you must be in awe of your sibling's intimidating magnificence:
8. When your perfect sib brings the drama over small stuff because they're used to the attention:
9. When you can't help but feel like the favorite is sucking up to your parents:
10. When the fam favorite just decides what's yours = theirs:
11. When you suspect that people are a little disappointed when "only you" show up for dinner:
12. When their mischief is just ADORABLE to your parents:
13. But you know you can't resent them too much — because, TBH, they're your favorite too.
All images courtesy of Fox.