1. There's that one boss woman everybody luuuvs to watch.
2. And the guy you love to hate is rich.
3. The story develops around this one family...
4. ...and there's definitely some sibling rivalry.
5. It's very sexy.
The main characters in novelas — much like some of the stars on Empire — look like marble-carved gods and goddesses. They're sweet, dewy eye candy. 🔥🔥🔥
6. There are catfights. Epic catfights.
7. People say it how it is.
8. The main characters utilize their sexual prowess to get what they want.
9. The fashion is on point.
10. Love is complicated AF.
11. The soundtrack is epic.
12. Someone is going to get blackmailed.
13. There's always someone digging for gold.
14. An element of affliction is present in at least one character.
In novelas and on Empire, sometimes fiction just...gets...real. Whether they showcase the struggle of an aunt who's secretly addicted to painkillers or a person who's dealing with a mental illness, it's not unusual for a character's breakdown to turn out being a season's zenith.