1. Hello, potato.
2. Do you want to be magically transformed into something mind-bogglingly delicious? MAYBE EVEN BETTER THAN FRENCH FRIES?!
6. Step 3: Turn the heat to low and cook for a few more minutes. Turn your potatoes occasionally until they are dry, wrinkled, and coated with a thin layer of salt.
Your potatoes will look like fossils or dinosaur eggs, but they’ll taste ridiculously good. Get the full recipe at food52.
7. Optional step: Make a garlicky cilantro mojo to dip your potatoes in.
9. Now eat, and discuss why this is probably better than French fries.
Something to do with texture and subtlety and creamy, snappy bites. Just try it.
- Nearly 70,000 people convicted of felonies but now on probation or parole are suing Louisiana for the right to vote.
- The men who attacked Istanbul's main airport on Tuesday, killing 44 people, were from Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
- A federal judge halted Mississippi's anti-LGBT religious exemption law moments before it was set to go into effect.