1. To prevent split ends and make your hair super shiny, try this 30 minute coconut oil hair mask.
Summer and any kind of dry heat can wreak havoc on hair. So to keep that red looking glossy, all you need to do is take a handful of coconut oil, massage it into the hair and down to the roots, let it sit for 30 minutes, then shampoo, condition, and blowdry as you normally would. Your hair will feel healthier, glow, and you can kiss split ends adios!
2. Look for shampoo that’s sulfate-free!
Particularly for redheads with sensitive skin this is a big one. The sulfates in shampoo, which cause your shampoo to lather, can irritate sensitive skin, cause frizziness, and make color-treated red hair dull. Check out more redhead-friendly shampoos here.
4. Or if you want a lighter shade of red, mix cinnamon into your conditioner!
Combine a teaspoon of cinnamon and a palmful of conditioner, then massage it into your hair. You’ll need to leave the mixture on for 6-8 hours, so if you’d rather sleep with it in, wrap your hair in saran wrap or a plastic bag. When time’s up, simply rinse and style!
5. And if you have any cranberry juice in the fridge, then try a cranberry rinse in your hair (Nicole Kidman swears by it!).
If you want to give this one a try, go in the shower and shampoo and condition as normal. As a final step, take a cup of cranberry juice and massage it into your hair. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes, and your hair will have a much deeper red tint.
9. Up your Vitamin D intake to protect your skin from the sun!
Studies have shown that Vitamin D can have a protective effect on your skin and shield you from sunburn and skin cancer! So up that intake of Vitamin D rich foods, like salmon, eggs, mushrooms, cheese, and even fortified cereals and milk.
10. Amp up your sunscreen game by priming your skin with an antioxidant serum.
Antioxidants like Vitamins C, A, and E neutralize the free radicals found in UV rays and help to slow the aging process. Apply an antioxidant serum every morning before your sunscreen to double up that protection.
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈