1. Yu Darvish was cruising Monday with a perfect game in the sixth inning when he thought he had his 12th strikeout. Umpire Ron Kulpa thought otherwise.
2. Of course, you know where this is headed. Yu walked the next batter, losing the shot at perfection.
3. And catcher A.J. Pierzynski ran his mouth off and got ejected by Kulpa.
4. Yu kind of laughed off the whole thing because what can he really do when an umpire interrupts what was a really stellar pitching performance?
5. The coolest part of the whole thing was when Kulpa actually followed after Pierzynski and got in his face. Very professional.
6. Here’s the entire sequence. Yu finished the inning with the no-hitter intact, but the perfecto was long gone.
7. Yu lost the no-no (and shutout) in the eighth after Carlos Corporan went deep. This did not change the fact that Ron Kulpa clearly hates baseball.
- "It was a wick": Artists, friends, and survivors describe what it was like inside the Oakland warehouse party fire that left at least 9 dead.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- Thousands holding flags gathered in Cuba Saturday night to remember the life of Fidel Castro. His burial is set to take place on Sunday.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂