1. Yu Darvish was cruising Monday with a perfect game in the sixth inning when he thought he had his 12th strikeout. Umpire Ron Kulpa thought otherwise.
2. Of course, you know where this is headed. Yu walked the next batter, losing the shot at perfection.
3. And catcher A.J. Pierzynski ran his mouth off and got ejected by Kulpa.
4. Yu kind of laughed off the whole thing because what can he really do when an umpire interrupts what was a really stellar pitching performance?
5. The coolest part of the whole thing was when Kulpa actually followed after Pierzynski and got in his face. Very professional.
6. Here’s the entire sequence. Yu finished the inning with the no-hitter intact, but the perfecto was long gone.
7. Yu lost the no-no (and shutout) in the eighth after Carlos Corporan went deep. This did not change the fact that Ron Kulpa clearly hates baseball.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏