1. It wasn’t looking good for the Dodgers in Game 4 Monday night, down by a run late and looking at a Game 5 in Atlanta, but Juan Uribe would have NONE OF THIS. His two-run home run gave the Dodgers a lead they wouldn’t relinquish.
2. Here it is in super-cool super slo-mo.
3. And this is what it looked like from beyond the foul pole.
4. The Braves could not counter in the top of the ninth, and it was all over but the celebrating. The Dodgers will now face either the Pirates or the Cardinals for the National League pennant.
5. Things did get a bit weird when Yasiel Puig emptied a Gatorade container on the TBS camera. (For once, Craig Sager’s suit looked kind of normal.)
7. The scene inside the Dodgers locker room was pretty jubilant, as you’d expect.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏