1. Prince Fielder, who is very large, has 10 triples in 1,254 career games, so one in the All-Star Game is not the rarest accomplishment we’ve seen this year.
2. That didn’t make it any less awesome when he did it.
(Benny Hill music not included.)
3. Perhaps not a textbook slide into third, but at least he didn’t swallow his chew.
4. Somewhere, Mariano Rivera is still clapping.
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Far-right protesters climbed Berlin's famous Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.